Would you call the Police to children playing with snowballs?

Andy

Should you call the police to people throwing snowballs?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should you call the police to people throwing snowballs?

• Yes - always
    • No - never
    • Sometimes - e.g. if they are throwing them at OAPs
    • Don't know

oh and the title of this thread...think needs splitting...

Would you call the Police to children playing with snowballs?....no

Would you call the Police for scum trying to damage property and using threatening behaviour? yes

I was with my elderly father the other year, the roads were covered in black ice and there was a group of kids having a snowball fight at the bus stop. Two purposefully threw a couple at us driving by, both hitting the windscreen. It was only by sheer experience that my Dad didn't crash into oncoming traffic on the other side or get rear ended.

I jumped out and chased the little bleeders, until one fell over sliding along, covered in mud. Another I caught and marched into the school demanding the head master, who didn't seem to bothered but had to deal with it anyway.

Snowball fights on the whole, yeah, great fun, as long as everyone wants to take part in it, and it's done safely.

Gosh i'm a hypocrite!

Eh? what's all this talk of snowballs causing cars to crash?

It's a snow ball, it's not going to hurt when it hits your car, it's very very unlikely to do any damage (it could have a stoney centre, but not likely, stop living in fear) threfore there's no reason to swerve, jump on the brakes, cower or take any course of action other than to activate the windscreen wipers if necessary and carry on on your way with a mild "*tut* kids hey"

It's a snow ball, it's not going to hurt when it hits your car, it's very very unlikely to do any damage (it could have a stoney centre, but not likely, stop living in fear) threfore there's no reason to swerve, jump on the brakes, cower or take any course of action other than to activate the windscreen wipers if necessary and carry on on your way with a mild "*tut* kids hey"

Are you a driver? It can be quite disconcerting to have objects thrown at your car, whilst driving, no matter what the objects are.

What totally unexpected, whilst concentrating on the already treacherous roads.

Even if it's not snowballs or treacherous roads, i'm sure distraction has been the cause of many road accidents!

TUT, NightFlight, eh?

I am, and paying attention i generally notice kids near the roads having snowball fights so half expect one to hit me.

When they come from nowhere they do cause a bit of a jump but nothing that would cause an accident.

I've seen people see snowballs coming at their windscreen and actually duck behind the wheel, wtf is that about? :hihi:

I am, and paying attention i generally notice kids near the roads having snowball fights so half expect one to hit me.

When they come from nowhere they do cause a bit of a jump but nothing that would cause an accident.

I've seen people see snowballs coming at their windscreen and actually duck behind the wheel, wtf is that about? :hihi:

Your a legend! :loopy:

What if your over 60, wear glasses (peripheral vision), it's snowing, and you think you've hit someone / something... Grow up, it's dangerous!

Archived