Would you call the Police to children playing with snowballs?

Andy

Should you call the police to people throwing snowballs?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should you call the police to people throwing snowballs?

• Yes - always
    • No - never
    • Sometimes - e.g. if they are throwing them at OAPs
    • Don't know

If your referring to that, then last year, it made the news...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=snowball+policeman+gun&aq=f

One isolated incident doesnt make a whole nation a bunch of hair triggered Yosemite Sams.

The neighbors where we rented the weekend cabin all knew us and sometimes threw snowballs at us and at each other. All fun and no violence.

I was wondering yesterday what the best response is to being snowballed. I walked to the shops and there was a group of kids running about in the snow, i thought for a second that they would start throwing snowballs at me, but they didn't. I would probably be annoyed, but showing annoyance might make them do it even worse.

If the children were bigger than 9 years old - then yes I would call the police every time. This is because 10 year old children (or above) are old enough to be aware of what they are doing and the consequences of their actions.

Snow balls thrown by small children are relatively harmless - They are small balls of loose snow thrown only a few feet for the sake of fun. Whereas snow balls thrown by teenagers are usually made from compacted ice that is pelted at some speed with force that is great enough to cause damage or injury.

Archived