Whats the best way to lose weight when not motivated

What about an online diet? Tesco diets/ weight loss resources etc. All the advantages of support/ weigh ins without leaving the house for silly meetings that a 5 year old could host :lol:

I've lost a stone in a month (BMI 25 down to 23) , basically 1400 calories a day and excerise (I walk about 7 miles a day) Got another 1/2 stone to go to get my BMI to 21 andthis time I will stick there :lol:

Good Luck, If you started now you could have 4 stone off by September time.

i really want to lose weight but i am doing it on my own and i just give up after a few days can any one recomend from their experiance please i would like to move 4 stone i am middle aged menapausle cook for four to five boys per day have loads of goodies in fridge and cupboards and when they go out at night i get bored 7am to 4.30 i am on the go

Ever thought of not buying treat sweets?

If you're not motivated you won't drop the pounds.

First you have to rectify your motivation issues.

Second this emotion. The OH tried for months with no motivation and lost nothing, this time she's gone at it with a vengenace and shifted 2stone since October.

She has also changed her approach to it. She now hits the cross trainer @ 6a.m and then eats breakfast before going to work, she point counts for WW and this has proven successful. The early morning start instead of the slothful morning followed by all day feeling crap you've got to go home and exercise @ 7pm seems to have helped.

• 5 months later...

Hi Im the same Im wanting to lose about 2 stone but have the motivation for about a day and then lose it. I have a big problem I get up in the middle of the night and eat whatever I can get my hands on. Its bad for my figure and not to mention the teeth. I have been trying for the last 3 years a ww and lost 6 pounds and then jsut lost it and put it on beause of the night eating. Im so depressed and fed up of my lardy body. I know I can do it and have to otherwise, Im gonna be depressed for the rest of my life. I know if I can get throught the first 3 nights without eating that I think I will have cracked it. I think the only way to do this is to stop making excuses and just do it, as I can talk to everyone and have good intentions but its up to me in the end. SO IM AGAIN GOING TO MAKE A PROMISE TO MYSELF TO TRY AGAIN AND REALLY STICK TO IT. ITS LIKE ANYTHING ELSE ITS HARD FOR THE FIRST FEW TRYS BUT GETS EASIER WITH PRACTICE. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WEIGHTLOST .

I was going to say the same thing, you're never going to achieve anything if you don't have the motivation for it.

Motivation dosen't happen very often but when it does you have to grab at the chance before it disappears, it dosen't hang around too long :)

Archived