Whats the best way to lose weight when not motivated

How old are your boys? as i'm assuming if they are old enough to be going out at night they could probably get their own treats if they want them, and if they are not old enough to buy it themselves well then its probably not healthiest thing to be giving kids all the time anyway. first off i would stop buying all the stuff that you are buying as you are just putting temptation in your way.

as for motivation the easiest way is to be doing something you enjoy - the wii is popular because its game like and competitive for example. If you like music put music on while doing the cleaning etc and have a dance - dancey type music is also good for putting you in a good mood :)

you could also look at getting a dog, as then it will need to be taken for walks daily which gives you something to do and a reason to get out that you cant turn away from.

Join a class of some kind with a friend if need be - there are loads of dance and fitness classes around

Whatever you choose to do, the more excercise you get the more energy you will have and you will start to feel more motivated :)

good luck

Motivation dosen't happen very often but when it does you have to grab at the chance before it disappears, it dosen't hang around too long :)
Too true, although, nothing will ever be achieved unless the mindset changes, we can't rely on the occasional flash of inspiration.

We all find our inner strength when there's a big enough reason.:)

If your looking for something thats going to work, then try any of the classes that are ran around the city. All the regular class members are seeing amazing results in terms of......

1) Weight loss

2) Inches lost from their bodies

3) Increasing fitness levels.

If you train once per week, then you will see results.

Monday - High Green, Paces Fitness Centre - 7.45pm - 8.45pm

£4

Wednesday - Gleadless, St Peters Church, Jaunty Lane, 6.15pm - 7.15pm

£4.50 for one, or £15 for 4 sessions

Thursday - Stannington, Jack n Jills Pre School, School LAne, 7pm - 8pm

£4.50 for one, or £15 for 4 sessions

Cheaper than a gym + no contracts. If you are desperate to lose the excess pounds then give this a go, although classes can be intense they are ran in an open format so all levels can be included

If you aren't motivated it won't happen. Maybe think about why you want to lose weight and use those reasons to motivate you. If you are not massively overweight it may take a while. It took me pretty much 6 months to lose a stone but I never put it back on again.

Archived