Rebels reunited.

zombielover

Hi, myself & a few friends, all ex Rebels regulars are thinking of hosting a one off Rebels reunion night. We got a fair bit of interest on Facebook & I said I'd put out the feelers to see if we can get a club for the night. We envisage at this stage a couple of hundred people but once the word gets out, who knows. I have a couple of loose connection in the land of clubs so I may be able to sort something out but nothing definite.

We're thinking about a night in October or November so we have plenty of time to organise. I may be able to get Bob the original DJ from Rebs or even Lez might throw his hat in the ring if we approach him in the right manner.

So at this stage... 1) any offers of a venue?

2) who wants to come?

Any potential offers should send me a private message...

technically (and for effect) does it not need to be a smallish venue with a sticky floor? :D

can you rent the ground floor of the corp (or does that defeat the object? )

Can it be in Nov so I can have my birthday there? :D

we're definately not a club, and almost certainly won't be big enough for what should be a really good turn out, but how about having the Dove as a pre-bar? If you don't get a club, we have a late licence and would of course be happy to host. Only just round the corner from Rebels, and i think one or two of our customers might perhaps have heard of it?! ...

and Im sure I can talk Lez into it if I ask him very nicely :-)

we're definately not a club, and almost certainly won't be big enough for what should be a really good turn out, but how about having the Dove as a pre-bar? If you don't get a club, we have a late licence and would of course be happy to host. Only just round the corner from Rebels, and i think one or two of our customers might perhaps have heard of it?! ...

and Im sure I can talk Lez into it if I ask him very nicely :-)

Not on a Saturday, he's spoken for!

Wow - that sounds like something to look forward to. Don't think I've been clubbing since Rebels closed down. Keep thinking about trying the Corporation, but just never gotten round to it. Will FB a few ex pats who could come out of exile as they have since moved either down south or abroad. Ooh the memories are flooding back......

Lez DJs our place (West Street Live) every Friday and we'd be happy to host such a night here on one of those nights with one of our rock cover bands on or let you do something special during the week ( on a day from Sunday through til Thursday). We have a late license until 2am and can extend that further for the night to suit your preference.

Send me a PM if you're interested and we'll sort something out.

Archived