Is tattoo removal available on the NHS

Why is it?

Because it isn't a medical problem? Because unlike some kind of body image problem it was completely and knowingly caused by you? Because you paid to have it put on so why not pay to have it taken off? Because the money could be used to supply drugs and treatment for people with real problems?

I do feel for you, I expect a lot of people with tattoo feel this way and they tend to stop looking 'cool' once people are over 30, but I don't think it should be up to us all to pay for other peoples teenage mistakes.

If we assume that you were young and daft and that your parents gave you a good hiding when you got home the tattooist needs a long hard look at their bank account to avoid going to court and being put out of business.

Or you could wear long sleeves.

Because it isn't a medical problem? Because unlike some kind of body image problem it was completely and knowingly caused by you? Because you paid to have it put on so why not pay to have it taken off? Because the money could be used to supply drugs and treatment for people with real problems?

I do feel for you, I expect a lot of people with tattoo feel this way and they tend to stop looking 'cool' once people are over 30, but I don't think it should be up to us all to pay for other peoples teenage mistakes.

I do fully agree that the money could and would be used better off and i am more than willing to go private i work in nursing and i see how much the NHS is stretched, but i have to say if they do offer it i will take it because its ok saying i paid to get it put on but a £80 tattoo compared to a few hundred to take it off is a big differance and with 3 young children i just dont have the cash upfront and would have to leave a good while between treatments making it even more gastly to look at. I also don't want my children to make the mistake of having tattoos so i want rid of mine so they dont follow my lead.

Hey im not over 30 yet ;)

If we assume that you were young and daft and that your parents gave you a good hiding when you got home the tattooist needs a long hard look at their bank account to avoid going to court and being put out of business.

Or you could wear long sleeves.

Lol its to far up even for sleeves :(

I had a tattoo on my arm when i was 14 and i hate it i have been wanting it removed for ages and was wondering if you can get it on the NHS? If not does anyone have any reccomendations of private clinics? I was looking at the one near the hallamshire (but cant remember the name) a while a go they had very good pictures of results on there website.

Harley Medical Group is on Broomfield Road just around the corner from the Hallamshire

Ae you joking? You expect to get it removed on the NHS when YOU chose to have it there? I dont agree with the NHS paying for this at all. Im in the middle of having lazer treatment on a tattoo that I had when I was younger (currently waiting til I hve my baby now as cant do it whilst pregnant) and I dont expect anyone to pay for it but myself. Its cheap enough for anyone to afford really. Im having mine one at Dragon Tattoos and it only cost £20 a session and you have a session about every 4 weeks.

Archived