Is tattoo removal available on the NHS

I would recommend either a cover up tattoo of soemthing you actually like, or get some of that super foundation stuff that people with scars/burns/birthmarks use to hide it until you have saved up enough to get it removed with your own money.

I believe there is somehwere that removed gang-tattoos for people who are trying to make a break away from gang life but I can't recall where that is. But if it is a gang tattoo you may be able to get financial assistance.

• 2 weeks later...
I would recommend either a cover up tattoo of soemthing you actually like, or get some of that super foundation stuff that people with scars/burns/birthmarks use to hide it until you have saved up enough to get it removed with your own money.

I believe there is somehwere that removed gang-tattoos for people who are trying to make a break away from gang life but I can't recall where that is. But if it is a gang tattoo you may be able to get financial assistance.

Who is going to provide 'financial assistance' to have a gang tattoo removed? I'm curious.

You can get tattoo removal done on the NHS, but only in extreme circumstances. I knew a bloke years ago who had a tattoo of a spider's web across his forehead, and obviously, struggled to get employment. He had it removed on the NHS and later got a job. That's an anecdotal example, I know, but a real example nevertheless. I'm not sure if one on your arm would be considered to be having such a negative impact on your life?

I think a comparison is cosmetic surgery that is done on the NHS; its only carried out where the patient is believed to be experiencing a considerable amount of some aspect of suffering caused by their "ailment"

• 1 month later...

Tattoo removal on the nhs is only available for people with a server mental health condition who are now ready to work but have tattoos that will stop them from getting work. These tattoos must have been done at a time of illness. You can't get tattoos removed simply because you don't like it. I agree with it for this reason.

• 3 months later...

Archived