Trickett family of Sheffield / Ecclesfield

Are there any Trickett family members out there? I am doing my family tree and would like to contact anyone who may be a relation.

Hi, I am a descendent of the Trickett's, my ggreat grandfather was a convict by the name of George Trickett, he was born 1808 and sent to Sydney Town, New South Wales, Australia. in 1833 to arrive in 1834.

One of his sons was also called George born 1847 in Sydney, there are several more siblings to this family.

My grandmother was Clemance Caroline Trickett and she was also born out here in Australia in the late 1800's as well.

My father is on of their children.

My Trickett tree goes back to around 1425 in England.

Would love to know if anyone has any photos of the Tricketts and also of the floods there in 1832.

cheers

Christine

Would love to know if anyone has any photos of the Tricketts and also of the floods there in 1832. cheers Christine
Hi Christine - if you're referring to the Sheffield Flood of 1864 this website includes a photo (scroll down) of Trickett's Farm after the flood. More photos can be found on the www.picturesheffield.com site, also this engraving.

hillsbro just to throw another one in having just gone through thread

there was a trickett cuterly firm on trippett lane opp the scout shop my m/in/law was a silver finisher be leave owners name was walter tricket building still there but i think it is up for sale

...there was a trickett cuterly firm on trippett lane opp the scout shop..
Yes indeed - the 1942 Kelly's Directory gives "Walter Trickett & Co. Ltd., spoon and fork makers" at 23 Trippet Lane (corner of Holly Street). Looking at the Google Earth 'street view', the name WALTER TRICKETT & CO. LTD. CUTLERS & SILVERSMITHS can still be seen on the Holly Street side of the building and ANGLO WORKS on the Trippet Lane side. Walter Trickett appears in the 1911 census as a 41 year-old "spoon and fork manufacturer"

• 2 months later...
George Trickett (1808-1881) was my GGG Grandfather. He was transported to Australia as a convict in 1834 on the Fairlie. He later married Mary Anning or Evans and had 6 children, one of which was Edward "Ned" Trickett, the sculler. I believe that not long, maybe a couple of years, before he was transported he was married to Louisa Offiler. I am looking for information on George's parents if anyone can help. I've come to a dead end.

Bluehollow please can you get in touch with me, as I have further info on George's parents.

Christine

• 1 month later...

I'm a Trickett descendant - my 3 x gr grandfather was John Barber Trickett - registrar at Bradfield around the time of the Sheffield flood , this is my fathers line of the family and I should be a trickett as my grandfather was born trickett but his mother married a Taylor and so he 'assumed' the name , I can be contacted at richard.taylor150@tiscali.co.uk - if anyone wishes to contact me please put 'Trickett Family' as subject as I delete emails I don't recognise ! :)

P.s ChrissieK - Bildeborg is a distant cousin whom I am in regular contact with !!