Trickett family of Sheffield / Ecclesfield

Hi Darren, yes some of them did indeed live at a farm in Malin Bridge, Trickett's farm no less.......and I am well aware of their tragic end during the great Sheffield Flood. James and Elizabeth Trickett were my 3rd great grand uncle / aunt. Are you related to these folk perchance?

Kind regards,

Jay.

Hi again ....there is an excellent website regarding the great flood and there is also a girl in Sheffield who has researched a lot of the surviving descendants of the victims. As regards a film, I think the logistics would make it impossible, but I do think perhaps a documentary ought to be made.......its surprising how few Sheffield folk are aware of it.

Jay.

I wouldnt know him......but would be interested to hear who his grandparents were, preferably his great grandparents. I dont personaly know any Trickett family members.....I am hoping someone will recognise some of the names on my earlier post then I will be able to determine any connection.

Cheers

Jay

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by BILDEBORG

Are there any Trickett family members out there? I am doing my family tree and would like to contact anyone who may be a relation.

I have ancestors, who are Trickett, I am a descendant of Jemima Addy (nee Trickett), you mentioned.

She was my GGG Grandmother. However, the family was very

complex.

Originally posted by BILDEBORG

Harlequinn..........Jemima was my 3X great grandmother too.........please PM me

regards,

Jay.

I will PM you once I have gained the 5 posts required. I have

just Registered earlier today.

Are you a Baker, Huckbody or Addy Descendant ?

Hi........i'm an Addy descendant.........but have the single Huckbody on the tree........presumably an illigitimate birth or from a previous marriage. My line goes thus.......Jemima Trickett and Joseph Addy......Joseph Addy and Emma Ashforth, Emily Addy and Arthur Bolton, Edna Bolton and Kenneth William Dennis............any of this mean anything to you?

as you cant PM at the moment.......please feel free to contact me direct to <JYROL5atAOL.COM>

regards,

Ja(in sunny Cornwall but ex of Sheffield).