Cameron's communications chief and illegal investigations

Only if you think he has reason to believe the minutiae of what every adviser is doing in their spare time.

In Coulson's case there were at least 4 reporters involved in illegal data gathering to be used in stories.

What is interesting is you are trying to distract from a story about the corrupt and illegal behaviour of the News of the World, the met police and at best the incompetence of the information commissioner's office, with a tenuous comparison with the McBride case.

In the McBride case when Gordon Brown found out what was going on McBride resigned before he was pushed.

In the Coulson case when he took responsibility for the illegal actions of his investigators, he was welcomed with open arms by Cameron as his Communications Secretary.

He took responsibility for it and resigned, he recognised he was at the top of the organisation and the buck stopped with him. That is beyond what Brown or any other politician seem to be capable of.

Only if you think he has reason to believe the minutiae of what every adviser is doing in their spare time.

Are you so naive as to believe that Brown wasn't aware of, or didn't promote an environment which fostered such behaviour. I fully believe that he knew full well the sort of tricks that Draper and McBride were up to,

Incidentally, and you won't like this... Brown employed Draper after Draper had been caught selling ministerial favour for cash.

Brown's bent aides make Coulson's phone tappers look like a pussycats.

Are you so naive as to believe that Brown wasn't aware of, or didn't promote an environment which fostered such behaviour. I fully believe that he knew full well the sort of tricks that Draper and McBride were up to,

Incidentally, and you won't like this... Brown employed Draper after Draper had been caught selling ministerial favour for cash.

Brown's bent aides make Coulson's phone tappers look like a pussycats.

On "Lobbygate" Greg Palast who did the interview said the subsequent reports of what happened were false.

Also Brown has never employed Draper, the closest he came was as an unpaid adviser to Ray Collins.

He took responsibility for it and resigned, he recognised he was at the top of the organisation and the buck stopped with him. That is beyond what Brown or any other politician seem to be capable of.

And you reward taking responsibility for corruption by promoting him to Tory communications chief?

Ohh sorry of course you are right.

Do you prefer, downshifted to working for Cameron as a penance for the shame he has brought on himself?

:hihi:

Well, Gordon Brown got promoted (unchallanged) after the Cash for Honours scandal, after the Iraq War and dodgy dossier affair whilst Blair's right hand man etc etc etc etc.....there's not many people more disgraced than our present and previous Prime Minister. Yet some people still seem to think they're an alright bunch. :loopy:

Well, Gordon Brown got promoted (unchallanged) after the Cash for Honours scandal, after the Iraq War and dodgy dossier affair whilst Blair's right hand man etc etc etc etc.....there's not many people more disgraced than our present and previous Prime Minister. Yet some people still seem to think they're an alright bunch. :loopy:

Better than being a Tory at any rate. :hihi:

And you reward taking responsibility for corruption by promoting him to Tory communications chief?
so are you against rehabilitation of prisoners ?:hihi: should all people who have served a prison sentence never be allowed to work again :huh:wake up mate and smell the coffee there is things going off in the world that you dont even hear about if it wasnt for the good old news of the world:hihi:

The difference is that Coulson hasn't actually been found to have done anything wrong. I believe McBride was caught deliberately inventing lies of a sexual nature with the intent of smearing members of the shadow cabinet. That is a pretty similar thing to what is being attempted here. I note that an elected Labour councillor has already jumped on the band wagon of this attempted smear campaign.

I trust you are not referring to me? I've only made one short post on this thread, and this is what I posted-

What's the betting that if there is a Cameron-led government after the general election then the recommendations of the Select Committee will either be watered down or completely shelved? :suspect:

If you were referring to me, would you kindly point out where is the alleged smear in my post? :huh:

Archived