St Patrick's Day Tent - Fargate

Andy394

get yourselfs down and have a lovely drop of guiness , mark and adam do a lovely pint

It is pasteurised and served sterile out of a keg. There is no good or bad pint of Giunness. Just mediocre. It is like tins of Heinz beans. No supermarket sell them that taste any different from any other.

It is pasteurised and served sterile out of a keg. There is no good or bad pint of Giunness. Just mediocre. It is like tins of Heinz beans. No supermarket sell them that taste any different from any other.

But....(and I know nothing about beer) how come its lovely in, for example, the Black Horse in Whitby, but hideously rank in, for example, Crucible Corner in town? There are definitely good and bad pints of Guinness

But....(and I know nothing about beer) how come its lovely in, for example, the Black Horse in Whitby, but hideously rank in, for example, Crucible Corner in town? There are definitely good and bad pints of Guinness

I suspect from his user name, 'beer' is a real ale nut who sees anything that doesn't have half an inch of sediment in the bottom of the glass as not worth drinking.

Basically Guinness needs to be 'turned over' very quickly. One of the reasons Irish Guinness used to taste better was the fact that a barrel was started and finished in a few hours (and in some cases a few minutes) whereas where it was less popular a barrel could be sitting in a cellar for a week or more. Add to that, the usual stuff about keeping your pipes and pumps clean and of course, you will get different tasting pints in different places.

John X

Archived