St Patrick's Day Tent - Fargate

Andy394

Your point being????

If I wanted to celebrate Irelands national day (which I dont), I would go to Ireland, not sit in a tacky tent/Guinness advert on Fargate in a green foam hat.

We had a spate years ago of every pub being turned into a ridiculously named Irish theme bar, I avoided these places also.

Don't worry toppy, all the people there will have plenty of fun regardless of the fact you're not there.

Your point being????

If I wanted to celebrate Irelands national day (which I dont), I would go to Ireland, not sit in a tacky tent/Guinness advert on Fargate in a green foam hat.

We had a spate years ago of every pub being turned into a ridiculously named Irish theme bar, I avoided these places also.

Oh, and as a matter of interest ... What will you be doing to celebrate St. George's Day?

I take it that you celebrate EVERY countries national day then.

It would be xenophobic not too.

I don't celebrate St. Patrick's day as such. I go out and enjoy spending time with my friends. If it's St Paddy's day we go and watch the bands play in the tent and watch several hundred people of all colours creeds and religions enjoy themselves.

I've done the same thing for many years on many days. As the son of an Irish American and an English woman I'm allowed a whole THREE national days.

Archived