Deerlands Ave Old Residents

blackhill

Reading some of the replies on here, you Gravydowwnshi lived next door to the Varleys. Stuart was one of my mates. You refer to a Diane Fothergill. But as there was no other family called Fothergill I,m assuming you mean my younger brother Dion Fothergill. Sadly he passed away in Canada in 2000 aged 48.

Derek Hartley was is the younger brother of Kevin Hartley and Allen Lilley the brother of Mick Lilley. We (Kevin Hartley, Stuart Varley and myself) went through Lindsay Road Nursary, Infants and Juniors together. along with a few of the girls who lived in Deerlands Ave, namely Jean Godbehere and Margaret Harrison.

My mam was brought up on Deerlands, not too far from black hill, she was Laughton at the time, my uncle still lives a bit further towards st pats club (not sure what its called now)

I use to know a Janet Laughton, went to Hartley Brook School. She was a keen Gymnast

then if i remember rightly. She had an older sister Sheila and a younger one Angela.

I lived further down from the Commanders at 89...my Mam used to go in the huntsman with May Commander and they were good mates. Cowling is our name. Brain is my name and I have a younger brother called John.As far as I can remember there was a Diane Fothergill..but things get mixed up in the mists of time so correct me if I am wrong.

Our John was a mate of Steven Knight but John Knight was more of my age..( I have just reached 6o and got my bus pass)...John was also a mate of Stanley Sharland...lived just accross from him... I could go on... ( at this point I will admit to fancying Stanleys sister Maureen but I was shy in those days...oh well....)

may commander was my nannan, shes passed away now..

my mam was brought up on deerlands, not too far from black hill, she was laughton at the time, my uncle still lives a bit further towards st pats club (not sure what its called now)

could that be george <jud> used to go in huntsman every dinner time with his son .... Big mates with mick pinder landlord r.i.p.

I use to know a Janet Laughton, went to Hartley Brook School. She was a keen Gymnast

then if i remember rightly. She had an older sister Sheila and a younger one Angela.

yeah they're the ones, Janet and Sheila are my aunts, there were also Susan and Linda, and Angela is my mam :)

could that be george <jud> used to go in huntsman every dinner time with his son .... Big mates with mick pinder landlord r.i.p.

Yep pigeon the very same Laughtons lol, Jud (my grandad) sadly passed away a few years ago but my Uncle John (his son) still lives on there :)

Archived