London Club - New steak house on Surrey St

Andy394

Without wanting to sound cretinous, if you go for the 5 – 7 pre theatre menu do you have to arrive before seven or leave before seven? So if we went at 6.30 and left at 8 can you still have that menu?

When we turned up for our pre-theatre meal, they told us we had to vacate the table before 7.45 (we had to leave well before that, so this was not a problem). There was no rush to get us out by 7pm. I think if you order before 7, you can get the early-bird deal.

We went for my birthday and found the food to be very nice.

We had a mixture of Porterhouses and Chateux Briand's.

We were disappointed to find that the 32oz Porterhouse was inclusive of a massive bone, leaving less meat than the CB.

The wife found hers to be a bit fatty.

But we'd go again.

For an establishment with such high prices, I would have expected it to have been a bit cleaner than this:

http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/business/sheffield/331249/licensed-cafe-restaurant-etc/london-club

Do you know how the scores work?

It is not just based on cleanliness but things like record keeping and temperature checking etc which is the area most smaller businesses don't follow.

If you look for the 5* businesses you will find the majority are large corporations such as hotels and Mcdonalds.

(I have 5* by the way ;) )

Do you know how the scores work?

It is not just based on cleanliness but things like record keeping and temperature checking etc which is the area most smaller businesses don't follow.

If you look for the 5* businesses you will find the majority are large corporations such as hotels and Mcdonalds.

(I have 5* by the way ;) )

Mcdonalds FIVE , you must be joking, that doesn't say much for you then.:gag:

Mcdonalds FIVE , you must be joking, that doesn't say much for you then.:gag:

Of course McDonalds will have Five , can you imagine such a massive chain having a bad hygiene reputation, the loss in revenue would be huge.

They are not stupid.

The food may not be top drawer but the cleanliness is.

• 10 months later...

Archived