London Club - New steak house on Surrey St

Andy394

A restaurant is busy or full and you have not booked a table ??

Is this correct ?? if yes whats the problem ??

People can moan for no reason at all !!

I would rather book at a popular restaurant than just walk into one !!

The full restaurant is doing something right to attract customers surely ??

I would be concerned if I could just walk into a restaurant without a prior call etc as it would suggest the food or service could be poor.

A restaurant is busy or full and you have not booked a table ??

Is this correct ?? if yes whats the problem ??

People can moan for no reason at all !!

No, this is not correct! They were completely closed to the public on Friday night, that's all. We went on the spur of the moment at 5.30, were turned away and went elsewhere. Not the first time it has happened there - it was closed one lunchtime when it should have been open. Next time we will try somewhere else first for an impromptu steak. There is no need to book anywhere at that time of the evening, there are plenty of restaurants with free tables...if they are open.

I see now !! the posts above are all over the place.

Surely though restaurants i enjoy dont open until 7pm or certainly just warming up.

I would not be angry if I just turned up to find they had closed for any number of reasons. You just move onto the next one you like or what to try out.

I would not expect to walk into a show or sporting event without prior booking.

Some restaurants I visit you need to book 2 months in advance, I would never dream to arrive and expect a table.

5.30 is a very strange time to eat for any restaurant unless its in the theatre belt ??

I see now !! the posts above are all over the place.

Surely though restaurants i enjoy dont open until 7pm or certainly just warming up.

I would not be angry if I just turned up to find they had closed for any number of reasons. You just move onto the next one you like or what to try out.

I would not expect to walk into a show or sporting event without prior booking.

Some restaurants I visit you need to book 2 months in advance, I would never dream to arrive and expect a table.

5.30 is a very strange time to eat for any restaurant unless its in the theatre belt ??

Yes, this was a pre-concert nosebag rather than a wedding anniversary! We have never booked in the past when eating this early and never been turned away from LC or anywhere else.

I was 'quite annoyed' but not angry. Being time-limited (7pm show) meant a short dash to the Wig&Pen (very nice food but pitch black inside) but the service was very efficient. Strangely we managed to get a table without booking...

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been to London Club recently? We had another concert last night and wanted a quick steak beforehand. We tried to book LC and couldn't get through. This was just as well because I see from their website that they are no longer primarily a steakhouse - only rump and chateaubriand on offer now.

We ended up in the Bar and Grill, where we had a couple of excellent steaks. It was fairly quiet at 5.30 and the service was very good: we were out by 7pm, so plenty of time before the music started. This will be our pre-theatre venue of choice now, I think.

Has anyone been to London Club recently? We had another concert last night and wanted a quick steak beforehand. We tried to book LC and couldn't get through. This was just as well because I see from their website that they are no longer primarily a steakhouse - only rump and chateaubriand on offer now.

We ended up in the Bar and Grill, where we had a couple of excellent steaks. It was fairly quiet at 5.30 and the service was very good: we were out by 7pm, so plenty of time before the music started. This will be our pre-theatre venue of choice now, I think.

The "London Club" never was a steak house. It is a restaurant! The menu includes fish, meat and other options.

The "London Club" never was a steak house. It is a restaurant! The menu includes fish, meat and other options.

Well, it did initially advertise itself as a Grill-Room and at one time steaks made up the majority of the main courses...

Well, it did initially advertise itself as a Grill-Room and at one time steaks made up the majority of the main courses...

We went when it first opened (page one) A good Restaurant/Grill Room offers a few fresh food dining options. If it provides various steak options I suspect frozen, unless it is indeed a Steak House. Now and again we all drop one.

Archived