London Club - New steak house on Surrey St

Andy394

But why isn't there a proper steak house in Sheffield?

I mean, I like Bar & Grill, service can be a bit iffy, but I've enjoyed the food there. However, my idea of a good steak house is one where I can buy all different cuts of steak and any size, more or less, that I want. A good steak house may offer a choice of British, Australian, Argentinian or even Japenese Kobi beef.

Not here in Sheff. Not to my knowledge anyhow.

The nearest proper steak house to here, serving Argentinian beef, is probably Argento's, which is in Huddersfield town centre. It's a bit dowdy inside but the steaks are good. Correct me please if you know of any others nearer? I'd be interested to know.

For a proper steak I'd probably go there - or make the trip to Leeds or Manchester and go to Gaucho's - a proper, upmarket, Argentinian grill house.

Went for a wine night in November was thought it was Excellent !!

Service was good without noticing them which is always a good sign.

Food was presented really nice and well cooked.

Is was so good we are returning in Feb for another wine themed event.

Was that on Friday 4th November by any chance?

I went last week , the food was good and the service was good.

The service was better than last year when we went and the two dippy waitresses knew nothing about anything and couldn't open a bottle of wine.

This time it had better service although not very busy it has a warm atmosphere.

I will definately go again,sooner the better.

But why isn't there a proper steak house in Sheffield?

I mean, I like Bar & Grill, service can be a bit iffy, but I've enjoyed the food there. However, my idea of a good steak house is one where I can buy all different cuts of steak and any size, more or less, that I want. A good steak house may offer a choice of British, Australian, Argentinian or even Japenese Kobi beef.

Not here in Sheff. Not to my knowledge anyhow.

The nearest proper steak house to here, serving Argentinian beef, is probably Argento's, which is in Huddersfield town centre. It's a bit dowdy inside but the steaks are good. Correct me please if you know of any others nearer? I'd be interested to know.

For a proper steak I'd probably go there - or make the trip to Leeds or Manchester and go to Gaucho's - a proper, upmarket, Argentinian grill house.

Its not up to Gaucho's standard (and not much closer!) but the pub just off Junction 38 M1 (http://www.theoldpostofficebarnsley.co.uk) has a steak restaurant where they bring the slabs of fillet, sirloin and ribeye to your table and you mark how much you want before they cut it off and cook it. I've been a couple of times and found it to be pretty good for steak.

Its not up to Gaucho's standard (and not much closer!) but the pub just off Junction 38 M1 (http://www.theoldpostofficebarnsley.co.uk) has a steak restaurant where they bring the slabs of fillet, sirloin and ribeye to your table and you mark how much you want before they cut it off and cook it. I've been a couple of times and found it to be pretty good for steak.

This place sounded quite good until I explored the website. They have league tables of consumption:

Fillet League...

1st WAYNE PICKERING 36.4oz 10th July

2nd JOHNO WAINWRIGHT 33.9oz 2nd July

3rd MARK RACE 28.2oz 9th May

4th STACEY LAWSON 24.3oz 14th June

5th ROB TALBOT 21.2oz 6th July

Did anyone die of beef poisoning? How much does two-and-a-quarter pounds of fillet steak cost? Even at supermarket rates, that's about £30 of meat...

I'm very grateful to you mate - thanks for posting that. I know this pub, it's right next to the motorway juncton - it used to be a very trendy place with a younger crowd at one time. I'll have to look it up. Would take about 20 mins max from Tinsley. Cheers!

I'm very grateful to you mate - thanks for posting that. I know this pub, it's right next to the motorway juncton - it used to be a very trendy place with a younger crowd at one time. I'll have to look it up. Would take about 20 mins max from Tinsley. Cheers!

Will you be competing in the fillet league or the sirloin?

• 1 year later...

Archived