London Club - New steak house on Surrey St

Andy394

• 4 weeks later...
walked past last night and there were about 10 people with a banner complaining about animal cruelty standing outside, apparently they are selling Foie Gras.. hadnt noticed the place before

They clearly have nothing better to do, and foie gras is lovely. I expect they were all wearing leather and are chicken eating vegetarians anyhow lol :rolleyes:

Maybe Ill pay it a visit and order it to show that people do want it, therefore they should sell it.

• 1 month later...

They need to understand what a good steak is! We certainly did not get one, and that was after a heavily suggested upgrade to a supplier from Glossop,that and a dismal atmosphere means this act cannot survive for long in our estimation.Consistency is important,and in fairness ,we know of nowhere you can eat really good steak in Sheffield anymore,possibly the way animals are fed and reared.We had high hopes but were so disappointed and cannot find a reason to return.Although trends in eating have changed,a top class steak house would make a fortune in Sheffield.............................but make no mistake it's got to be good!

They clearly have nothing better to do, and foie gras is lovely. I expect they were all wearing leather and are chicken eating vegetarians anyhow lol :rolleyes:

Maybe Ill pay it a visit and order it to show that people do want it, therefore they should sell it.

I hope any place that sells foie gras shuts down. Most people including meat eaters would agree that the process to produce it is disgusting and cruel.

I hope any place that sells foie gras shuts down. Most people including meat eaters would agree that the process to produce it is disgusting and cruel.

Not necessarily, you can get free range foie gras. One instance I've seen is from geese that live around woodlands in an area of Spain. They gorge themselves on acorns in the Autumn in prep for migration and they swell their own liver without human intervention.

Either way foie gras production is minuscule compared to that of battery eggs, intensively reared chicken and pork products involving sow stalls and farrowing crates. If people cared about animals and not their own rigged selective moral-stroking agenda they would deal with welfare that affects the suffering of many millions more animals first. The thing is, many are hypocritical and buy these products so they can't really get on their soap box about that can they. Foie gras however is an easy target because they don't turn a blind eye to the cruelty and buy it week in week out.

I have less respect for them than someone who buys battery eggs but doesn't preach.

I took a group of 28 here last night & we had great food & service. The bar service needs improving a bit but the food was virtually all served promptly which is great for such a large group - good portion sizes. Two meals were slighty delayed but staff came & apologised straight away & offered both people a free drink.

I'd definitely add The London Club on my list to revisit.

Me and the boyf ate here this week- had the pre theatre menu- 2 courses for £14.50. was really nice food, but something about it wouldn't make me go back- I think it's the lack of windows and view outside. Not their fault obviously, and it was very nicely done out, but just not for me.

Archived