The Norton show 2005

craigmason

Originally posted by cgksheff

I'm pretty sure that it is NOT in Graves Park, but held in "The Norton Showground" off Bochum Parkway (Ring Road)!!

Doh yes you are right...I am now getting confused with the Summer show held the weekend before...at Graves Park!!

For details on the Summer Show at Graves Park 6th August here and

The Norton Show 13th August here

:thumbsup:

The Norton show used to be held in Oakes park and was great fun as it was also a steam rally with lots of traction engines and other steam operated vehicles turning up. My favorite was the brewery wagon that had a huge flywheel spinning just behind where the driver stood.

I've never been to it since it moved across the dual carriageway to it's present location but don't hear much about it so I think it has down-sized considerably.

One advantage of living at the Oakes was that not only did I get the chance to get to ride on some of the steam powered vehicles but when the circus used to set up camp I used to wake up in the morning, look out intoi the courtyard and see the elephants stood at the horse trough, very different!!!!

Archived