Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

Add to the area, don't remove its soul. We have so much great architecture that's just getting pulled down on what's starting to feel like a daily basis.

At a loss to think of any "great architecture" Sheffield would be losing by the Sevenstone development.

at that point i was talking in general , if you look i did say that and then edit to include comments about sevenstone

OK - name me any great architecture we could lose by any of the proposed developments.

I love Sheffield but can't think off hand of anything that would be sorely missed due to architectural merit.

for me personally the upper half of fargate (orchard square side), most of church street, theres a few areas of west street i quite like, (the hallamshire hotel is one)

I suppose it all comes down to personal taste really

The developers are planning to preserve the existing Victorian facades on Pinstone street.

It won't let me post a link but you can take a look at the scheme on sevenstone.co.uk

Thanks for info I will have a look.

I have only heard negative stories in the press without seeing the full details myself.

Is this development still happening though?

I thought it had been postponed indefinitely ??????

It looks as though the Moor will look like a bombsite for quite some time.

Well done Sheffield....another home goal :(

If you read the article the quotes refer to it beginning once the economy recovers and being that the recession has now bottomed out, it would be fair to say things should be getting back on track in another say 6-12 months.

It's delayed, not on hold.

Semantics.:loopy:

Although the Star seems to agree with me.

'BUILDING work on Sheffield's new Sevenstone retail quarter has been put on hold indefinitely until the economy recovers, The Star can reveal today.'