Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

if a planning inspector has already checked the local planning policy and said it was fine then would that by its very nature negate an appeal by next as its already been checked!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Possibly, although I don't recall seeing any figures quoted of how big a site they wanted vs how big a site they could have at St Marys. The site at St Mary's is not a "silly little plot" it has Staples and Mothercare on it and a car park.

The essence of planning policy is that if they can't find anything in the zone where that type of development is preferred, they have to look in the second preference zone and so on.

The planning inspector will decide whether it is reasonable in planning terms for them to want to build at Meadowhall.

Alchemist has asked this Question many times without receiving an answer ,but i will try again. Are Mothercare and Staples aware the council are hawking the land their stores stand on to other retailers. ?

Alchemist has asked this Question many times without receiving an answer ,but i will try again. Are Mothercare and Staples aware the council are hawking the land their stores stand on to other retailers. ?

Hasn't the Mothercare shop closed on that site?

Maybe it's the owners of the land that are hawking the land to other retailers?

Maybe it's the owners of the land that are hawking the land to other retailers?

The land is owned by Scottish Widows who originally obected to the new Next shop but have now withdrawn their objection.

I'm not surprised that SCC, when deciding on the Next store, sided with Scottish Widows, who just so happen to be developing alot of the Moor with.......SCC.

The land is owned by Scottish Widows who originally obected to the new Next shop but have now withdrawn their objection.

I'm not surprised that SCC, when deciding on the Next store, sided with Scottish Widows, who just so happen to be developing alot of the Moor with.......SCC.

Isn't that how business and politics work together, through quid pro quo?

Isn't that how business and politics work together, through quid pro quo?

I'd call it a definite conflict of interests.

The decision of the indepenent reviewer will be interesting when it comes in a few weeks.