Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

Hammerson are just not interested, no doubt more deadlines will be issued, which will yet again be dropped when reached

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/sheffield-retail-quarter-progress-hope-1-5841871

I can not blame Hammersons for not wanting to invest in Sheffield at the moment - it must be difficult to deal with someone who issues ultimatums willy-nilly only to rescind them at the drop of a hat.

This act alone shows the standard of the people we have representing and negotiating on behalf of Sheffield.

If I was in Hammersons shoes I'd be waiting to see how the new market development evolves once it has opened in November. No doubt there will be a honeymoon period with the market for a few months but will it really be able to attract shoppers who have grown out of or never even developed the habit of visiting a market in Sheffield?

The success of the market is pivotal to the recovery of the city centre.

---------- Post added 11-07-2013 at 13:40 ----------

Im pretty sure that there will be a positive well timed decision soon.

There's an election next year. SCC will look like heroes. Saviors of Sheffield.

I'm in equal amounts of shock and horror at your cynicism.:)

I was looking at some of the drawings for the Leeds scheme the other day.

The style of it reminded me of Sevenstones, the main difference being that this one is currently out to tender and will get built in the not too distant future.

Regards

Doom

look its only been 7 years, give scc time, you know how slowly they take things, the decision will be made in the next 5-7 years, stop rushing them ok lol

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Estimated start date April 1st 2085

How are the talks/negotiations going Planner 1?

I have not heard anything.

When will there be an update?

When there is something to say presumably.

You need to bear in mind that the Council will need to be very circumspect about what they say publicly if they are indeed looking to terminate the contract with Hammerson, who I am sure have very good lawyers......

You need to bear in mind that the Council will need to be very circumspect about what they say publicly if they are indeed looking to terminate the contract with Hammerson, who I am sure have very good lawyers......

So you're confirming when they mouthed off that Hammerson had a few weeks to come good or they were out the door (and humiliatingly climbed down after a couple of weeks) the council made a huge and potentially very costly mistake?