Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

Do make your mind up dear chap. In the same post you claim to have knowledge of a vital commerical part of the contract regarding repurchase prices and at the same time say "We don't know the terms of the contract and we aren't likely to, so what's the point in speculating?"

Which is it? Do you claim to know this one specific part of the contract but not the rest of it and if so why is this vital part not commercially sensitive but the rest is?

If you are that interested, send an FOI and see what you get.

I've never seen the contract, I'm just relating what I have been told.

Option to buyback at market rate seems to me a pretty standard clause that anyone would expect to be in there. Hardly a major secret.

If you are that interested, send an FOI and see what you get.

I've never seen the contract, I'm just relating what I have been told.

Option to buyback at market rate seems to me a pretty standard clause that anyone would expect to be in there. Hardly a major secret.

So what we have is

clause 1 REDACTED COMMERCIAL CONFIDENTIAL

clause 2 REDACTED COMMERCIAL CONFIDENTIAL

clause 3 REDACTED COMMERCIAL CONFIDENTIAL

clause 4 Hell I shouldn't probably mention this but my mate told me the council have option to buyback at market rate if it falls through

clause 5 REDACTED COMMERCIAL CONFIDENTIAL

It seems you are struggling with the concept of confidential. If the contract is confidential as you say, and i quote "I've never seen the contract, I'm just relating what I have been told" the person who told you is breaching the confidence element of the contract by telling you as you claim (and I have no reason to doubt that claim) that you have nothing to do with this contract and you further breach it by publishing it on here.

Who was the person legitimately party to the contract that disclosed it's contents to you?

So what we have is

What we have is a load of aimless speculation as usual.

Send an FOI if you want to know more.

You moan when people tell you nothing and you moan again when people tell you what they've heard. Seems you just want to moan.

Neither you nor I know what was said in the discussions which took place, so anything you say on this is pure speculation and therefore pretty meaningless.

You don't know how these things work do you?

The Council serve compulsory purchase orders on the property owners and buy them up. then they sell them to the developer, who gives them back what it cost.

If indeed Hammerson are dropped, SCC get the option to buy back the property at MARKET price. Market price is now well below what Hammerson paid them for it, so SCC potentially stand to come out of it quite well.

Are Hammerson obliged to sell?

8 years mate, 8 years. Countries have been at war, liberated and renamed in that time.

This is not a constructive argument. It doesn't address any of the real issues I'm asking about. It's taking a long time; partly it has been delayed by the council not doing things right, partly by the retail markets and partly because these things just do take this long sometimes.

Hammerson do not own Sheffield & the council stated 6 weeks ago that they will kick them off the project.

More interesting. Can you post a link, I'd like to read that?

I'm not an expert so still looking to be proven wrong or backed-up but it still seems to me that Hammerson have invested enough time and money in this development (even if only to the extent of where we actually are now, without ground even broken yet) so I suspect that just turning to Hammerson and saying, sorry, we're going to use someone else will result in Hammerson turning straight to their lawyers, and with a very good case behind them to boot.

If indeed Hammerson are dropped, SCC get the option to buy back the property at MARKET price. Market price is now well below what Hammerson paid them for it, so SCC potentially stand to come out of it quite well.

Earlier you claimed the council; would have to find a substantial amount of money to buy back the property sold to Hammerson. Now where is the money the council made from selling to Hammerson in the first place. ? What has that been squandered on ?

Earlier you claimed the council; would have to find a substantial amount of money to buy back the property sold to Hammerson. Now where is the money the council made from selling to Hammerson in the first place. ? What has that been squandered on ?

Did you see my post #1118 which answered this question when you first posed it?