Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

i always thought farces were supposed be funny. please defenders of the council, tell us mere mortals how the council are doing a good job of running this fiasco :confused:

The comedy is being supplied by the council in their pathetic attempt to convince the public that Sevenstone is still going to be built.

hang on I'm getting confused again how has the council hampered Hammerson from starting work? If I remember correctly all the plans had been passed and some of the initial work such as re-routing major utilities had been done. Then there was the collapse of the banks and everything got shelved. hammerson didn't think the development was going to give them a good return so the plans were scaled down to make the actual costs lower and then hammerson were offered incentives to get a move on. So the council are kept waiting for Hammerson to make a decision so if anybody is going to get annoyed it should be towards hammersons not the council for lack of movement. My only gripe which I have pointed out to both John Mothersole and Mr. Rees [sorry i forget his first name] is the lack of info from the council on what is happening and what the current position is.

why are we kept waiting while other developments are starting ? spineless and inept are words that spring to mind

Again why is hammersons refusal to start anybodies decision but their's. I do wonder though when people start mentioning other cities that have planned consttructions starting how long they were in the pipeline for and who owns the vuildings that need to be cleared and the land they sit on. Affter all Sheffield had to compulsory purchase quite a few of the properties which I assume can take time and we all know or at least i do that home bargains slowed down work on the new market because they wanted to stay in their shop till the lease had run out, only six months or so but it still made everything seem to go like mud.

IF they start building in 2015 it could be at least 2020 until any of the tenants move in & it will take a few years to rent it all out. They will be build the new trident submarines in less time.

Sp hopefully our life's wouldve significantly moved on by then and sevenstone will be something we can look back on and laugh at.

IF they start building in 2015 it could be at least 2020 until any of the tenants move in & it will take a few years to rent it all out. They will be build the new trident submarines in less time.

Sp hopefully our life's wouldve significantly moved on by then and sevenstone will be something we can look back on and laugh at.

Oh Ye of little faith :hihi::hihi:

Again why is hammersons refusal to start anybodies decision but their's. I do wonder though when people start mentioning other cities that have planned consttructions starting how long they were in the pipeline for and who owns the vuildings that need to be cleared and the land they sit on. Affter all Sheffield had to compulsory purchase quite a few of the properties which I assume can take time and we all know or at least i do that home bargains slowed down work on the new market because they wanted to stay in their shop till the lease had run out, only six months or so but it still made everything seem to go like mud.

if hammerson are refusing to to start, surely the council have some legal action to take and a back up plan

---------- Post added 27-07-2013 at 21:00 ----------

dont worry, mothersole will look back and laugh when he is claiming his golden handshake and his untouchable pension