Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

Why cant the new john lewis be started now.... ?

Because they haven't got a developer to build the building.

That's what Hammerson were going to do.

Shops like John Lewis often don't own the store they occupy, they lease it.

Whatever the ins and outs of this case, one thing seems self-evident. The delays are slowly killing the city centre. While other places (such as Leeds) march forwards, we lose more ground. It's now going to be at least 4 years until anything opens. When this projected was mooted I was 30 - in 4 years' time I'll be 47.

well i hope scc allow ikea planning consent or else its plain to see that scc want to shut sheffield if they deny them

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Well , they cant use the excuse it will effect sevenstone anymore :hihi:

Well, whats done is done.

We've all been screaming out for a decision and now it has been made.

Lets look forward to the future

I personally will be voting for a new council next year. I suggest you do the same.

:confused:which council do you want next time the only alternatives in sheffield is the Lib Dem and they buggered around as much as Labour

:confused:which council do you want next time the only alternatives in sheffield is the Lib Dem and they buggered around as much as Labour

Thats only because the voters of sheffield are that blinkered they refuse to look beyond the present useless administration and the equally useless Lib Dems . While ever the sheffield electorate swing between Dumb and Dumber the city will never prosper and thrive.

Thats only because the voters of sheffield are that blinkered they refuse to look beyond the present useless administration and the equally useless Lib Dems . While ever the sheffield electorate swing between Dumb and Dumber the city will never prosper and thrive.

You think people should vote conservative maybe? They'll get it built, so long as one of their mates owns a development agency and needs some business.

Or maybe for one of the useless little parties with one policy.