Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

You think people should vote conservative maybe? They'll get it built, so long as one of their mates owns a development agency and needs some business.

Or maybe for one of the useless little parties with one policy.

well thats it, youve swayed me . labour it is for me :loopy: lets have more of the same

You think people should vote conservative maybe? They'll get it built, so long as one of their mates owns a development agency and needs some business.

As long as developments get built who cares how its achieved . If that means development agency`s with friends in high places getting the nod so be it .

As opposed to the current system of the developer giving all the higher-ups a sizeable back-hander to get things moving.

Things wouldn't be in this state if we didn't have an honest, efficient leadership.

As opposed to the current system of the developer giving all the higher-ups a sizeable back-hander to get things moving.

Things wouldn't be in this state if we didn't have an honest, efficient leadership.

SCC hates any development that might drag Sheffield into the 20th century , not a mind the 21st !

Still , look on the bright side ,sheffield can now look forward to more poundlands , cash converters and Greggs to fill all those empty shops that were set aside for Tombstone. :hihi:

Whatever the ins and outs of this case, one thing seems self-evident. The delays are slowly killing the city centre. While other places (such as Leeds) march forwards, we lose more ground. It's now going to be at least 4 years until anything opens. When this projected was mooted I was 30 - in 4 years' time I'll be 47.

You'll be able to use your bus pass to get to the grand opening.

Because they haven't got a developer to build the building.

That's what Hammerson were going to do.

Shops like John Lewis often don't own the store they occupy, they lease it.

It's been clear to us "plebs" that Hammerson had no intention of doing anything of the sort for some years.

Only the self serving mendacious council (elected and employed) have continued to pretend this farce was anything other than an embarrassing failure of leadership and commercial negotiation by councilors and the so called "officers" of the council who should now be doing the honorable thing with the mess Webley if they had an iota of decency.

well thats it, youve swayed me . labour it is for me :loopy: lets have more of the same

I'm not defending labour. I'm no consistent Labour voter. I'm saying blindly voting for the parties who 'aren't Labour' is as dangerous as just voting for them because 'that's who my dad voted for' - an attitude I wholeheartedly agree is stupid.

It's been clear to us "plebs" that Hammerson had no intention of doing anything of the sort for some years.

Only the self serving mendacious council (elected and employed) have continued to pretend this farce was anything other than an embarrassing failure of leadership and commercial negotiation by councilors and the so called "officers" of the council who should now be doing the honorable thing with the mess Webley if they had an iota of decency.

How very dare you Sir! I'll have you know SCC are NEVER wrong. NEVER I tells ya.

Well, I say "never" but actually...

As for the mess Webley, lets be honest, even with it held to their temple, they're so inept that they'd miss.