Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

I googled it and was disappointed... It looks a nice building on photos but I have walked past it thousands of times and never thought it anything special at all. I am all for keeping old and important buildings when it is possible and sensible, but some people take it too far.

I think a lot of people in sheffield would like to see the castle rebuilt so we can all build mud and straw huts and live around the wall. Sometimes you have to let go and move on, but Sheffield doesn't seem to be able to in the same was as most cities around the world.

I googled it and was disappointed... It looks a nice building on photos but I have walked past it thousands of times and never thought it anything special at all.

You might not think much of it, and you're entitled to your opinion, but the experience of the last fifty years of urban development suggests that it will not be bettered by anything that replaces it.

You might not think much of it, and you're entitled to your opinion, but the experience of the last fifty years of urban development suggests that it will not be bettered by anything that replaces it.

Only the facade and the roof features need to be preserved, as Coles corner should have been. The council's worst ever mistake was tearing down a Georgian property on Surrey Street to create access to the egg box car park. :loopy:

Bullring Birmingham - probably the most iconic UK building of the last 10 years - is a Hammerson development.

http://www.hammerson.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=133289&p=prop-pd-bullring

By way of comparison, what's a pepperpot building?

Bullring Birmingham - probably the most iconic UK building of the last 10 years - is a Hammerson development.

An amusing enough novelty I suppose, but novelty wears off.

Did you look at any of the plans submitted by Hammerson for the Sevenstone scheme? None of them looked anything like that.