Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

"I think you will find that the leadership of the council has changed from different parties over the time line of the Sevenstone project ..."

How many parties are you referring to? Labour have been in charge for 80% of the time, over the last 30 years - which certainly covers the length of time that Sevenstone has been in the pipeline.

How many parties are you referring to? Labour have been in charge for 80% of the time, over the last 30 years - which certainly covers the length of time that Sevenstone has been in the pipeline.

Why dont you stand for election and make the changes you want?

Have you ever tried getting elected?

On 12 October 2007, developers Hammerson unveiled the official marketing name for the New Retail Quarter as Sevenstone.

Council Leaders

2002: Jan Wilson (Labour)

2008: Paul Scriven (Liberal Democrat)

2011: Julie Dore (Labour)

On 17 June 2010, the Coalition Government announced the suspension of £12 million of central funding toward the project

Just do some research

But Sheffield is a labour stronghold, so these councilors are more or less guaranteed election. The people just won't vote independent or otherwise.

If you convince enough people then they will vote for you. why not stand for UKIP? If you never try then you cant get elected.

If I had more time and a few like minded people to stand as independents, then I might be tempted. But as I said, when you look at the previous election results it seems it would take the coming of the messiah to get people to vote any other way.

So if I didn't vote for a labour councillor, I still deserve one?

In a democracy you have to abide by the right to govern of those who are elected. If you dont agree then the only way to change things is to convince others over to your point of view and get yourself elected.