Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

Hearsay I know, but after a conversation with a couple of proprietors of the smaller shops potentially affected, it appears the plan as it stands is dead in the water as no developer can be found and alternative, much less ambitious, plans are being mooted.

that comes as a great surprise . I bet its the pesky governments fault

We were promised an announcement in February or March so there's a couple of weeks left yet :hihi:

Although Leigh Bramhall quickly backtracked from his colleagues announcement that building work is due to start within weeks.

I suspect they have their heads together to come up with another excuse that tries to cover up their incompetence.

Another story in The Star today stating that there are no plan in place.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/new-plan-call-on-long-awaited-sheffield-retail-quarter-1-7803989

i knew that all the promises last year were just pre-election bull poop.

Just shows that our current leftie labour council are more interested in cycle paths than making this city an attractive proposition for investment in the north.

Im not sure that they can be trusted with the fund of £30m a year promised from devolution.

Another story in The Star today stating that there are no plan in place.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/new-plan-call-on-long-awaited-sheffield-retail-quarter-1-7803989

i knew that all the promises last year were just pre-election bull poop.

Just shows that our current leftie labour council are more interested in cycle paths than making this city an attractive proposition for investment in the north.

Im not sure that they can be trusted with the fund of £30m a year promised from devolution.

What have you been reading?

"CITY bosses have announced a major step forward for Sheffield’s £600 million new retail quarter development - after developers Hammerson pledged £10m to complete compulsory purchase orders."

"Council leader Paul Scriven described the move as “the biggest step forward we have seen in making Sevenstone a reality”."

http://www.thestar.co.uk/business/biggest-step-forward-for-sheffield-s-600m-sevenstone-retail-site-says-scriven-1-3182672

Remember, no matter who you vote for the council always get in.

In about ten years time we'll be a tourist destination as people from around the world flock to see the most expensive news kiosk in the world which will probably be the net result of all this incompetant nonsense by the council.

Big announcement in April allegedly, not sure what year though :)

It'll be the destination of this years big jolly to 'find a construction partner'

Rumours have it the right company can be found on an all-inclusive Caribbean cruise this summer.

Good luck fella's, sounds like tough work!