Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

Don't get me wrong, Julie Dore is useless. But the real leader of the council is John Mothersole. What he brings to the table is incredible skill at doing nothing but making sure that he and his tasty salary are unknown and unquestioned

What he does for Sheffield and it's people I'm not quite sure. But I'm sure that one of his droogs will be along soon to tell us.

I dare say they will but only when theres good news

Don't get me wrong, Julie Dore is useless. But the real leader of the council is John Mothersole. What he brings to the table is incredible skill at doing nothing but making sure that he and his tasty salary are unknown and unquestioned

Well, it took me 30 seconds (if that) this morning to find out the answer for you:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/south-yorkshire-council-chiefs-pay-packages-total-almost-750-000-in-a-year-figures-show-1-7561733

What he does for Sheffield and it's people I'm not quite sure. But I'm sure that one of his droogs will be along soon to tell us.

Unquestioned and Unknown? Just try looking.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/dms/scc/management/corporate-communications/documents/people-organisations/people/Pay-Policy-Statement-March-2015/Pay%20Policy%20Statement.doc

And I am not anyone's droogs, what ever one of those is.

Ta-daaaaa!

Funnily enough thats two different salaries for him straight off the bat.

So do we think Mr Mothersole represents good value for his 185k + 35k expenses?

Edited by Jonny5

Ta-daaaaa!

Funnily enough thats two different salaries for him straight off the bat.

So do we think Mr Mothersole represents good value for his 185k + 35k expenses?

Ask Paul Scriven, he was the chair of the panel that appointed him in 2008, according to the forum. Google is your friend, you should learn to use it rather than ask us groogs to do it for you.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=366028

Instead of a clean sweep wholesale demolition of the area why not reuse the better buildings and replace the ugly with quality new builds. The project might have more of a chance in going forward than the standstill we have present. Independent shops could work well in the smaller units and new paving like what's been already done on the Moor?

These are my thought exactly, there are some nice frontages in that area, which should be preserved. Once demolished, they are gone for good.

Ask Paul Scriven, he was the chair of the panel that appointed him in 2008, according to the forum. Google is your friend, you should learn to use it rather than ask us droogs to do it for you.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=366028

I didn't ask for info you volunteered it.

I don't care who appointed him. Has he done a good job? Does he justify his salary?

These are my thought exactly, there are some nice frontages in that area, which should be preserved. Once demolished, they are gone for good.

+1....demolish the Grosvenor block 'cos it's nasty, but the rest of it - Cambridge Street, Cross Burgess Street, Pinstone St etc, is, to my mind, the sort of buildings we should be keeping in our city centre. They have some character.

Cambridge Street used to be a thriving part of town, Pippys, Red or Dead, Henrys and the like.

Whether the footfall is there to support areas like this without new, large shop units I don't know, but Division St shops seem reasonably stable.