Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

On a day when a private developer has opened a fantastic new shopping centre in Stocksbridge it makes you wonder why the council are so incompitant when it comes to new retail development.

Less than four years from the planning application Fox Valley is built and open.

Puts SCC to shame

---------- Post added 16-06-2016 at 17:48 ----------

Any news on where the next holiday is planned for.

To 'find a partner' or some total rubbish??

Im sure there will be a council Jolly to somewhere warm and sunny this year disguised as a fact finding mission.

I HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR SCC:

SCC only seem to be focusing on new shops. The Moor needs opening up.

The ugly council offices at the bottom make The Moor dark and grim. There is no end in sight, which makes it claustrophobic and uninviting.

The little path up by Dempseys isn’t what a major city centre shopping area should look like. They should knock down the council offices, and leave the end open, like a larger version of the bottom of Vicar Lane in Chesterfield... https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.2348334,-1.4247828,3a,75y,284.99h,83.99t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s5dl9_pM1-v0RlBosLkzj4A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

It would open up the entire area.

Then they should buy either the Wickes or Staples buildings (Staples would be better) and make a multi-storey car park. Young St/South Ln would be a three-lane, one-way system. Two lanes for cars going to the car park, and a bus lane (with the possibility of building a small bus/taxi interchange behind the car park).

With these improvements, people are much more likely to go beyond The Moor to continue shopping on London Road, Ecclesall Road, Abbeydale Road, and Chinatown. All of these areas would be as one with The Moor.

The nicely-located car park would mean minimal walking distance to all of these shopping areas.

I feel that SCC are missing a massive opportunity here, to give Sheffield the nice big open shopping area we've been waiting so long for.

I’ve put the whole thing into a picture as best I can with MS Word lol… https://postimg.org/image/lzxx4m3jl/

....incompitant.....

What could be more incompetent than not being able to spell?

---------- Post added 16-06-2016 at 19:21 ----------

Maybe there's a website for lonely Local Authorities desperately seeking solace?

Stand for council to see if you can do better. Oh.