Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

Is it a full-time job, being a councillor?
Part time but full time expenses with the odd jaunt thrown in ,some times to Cannes and other exotic places just to see how its done mind you .;) Edited by samssong

• 2 months later...
Its noticeable that there are no comments on this thread since the news yesterday. Are we all tired of the whole thing now?!

http://www.sheffieldretailquarter.com/have-your-say

AS the consultations for the first phase appear to have been between, 13 July 2016 and 9 August 2016.

Maybe that is why

Edited by bazjea

What's the deal with the newly renovated Telephone House/car park underneath on Charter Row.

Seems to be shown as retail in the new plans, although not in the first phase.

Maybe the intention is to gut the manky car park below and make that retail, and leave the flats untouched above.

Speaking of manky car parks, I would be happy to see the demolition of the car park above Berlins (as was, or Hofbrauhaus to you even more oldies...). It's a real eyesore in an otherwise smartened up area.

Its noticeable that there are no comments on this thread since the news yesterday. Are we all tired of the whole thing now?!

http://www.sheffieldretailquarter.com/have-your-say

Poor headline from the Star - I for one didn't even read that story because it looked like a nothing story. Had I known it was actually reporting that outline permission had been granted then I would have opened it and shared it on here. Bit naughty/poor of them.

• 2 months later...

So has Sevenstone just become one office block (for HSBC) with a few shops on the ground floor?

call it phase 1 to make it appear there are other phases to follow. :huh:

Not heard a peep from Julie Dore or SCC lately??

Brexit would provide the latest excuse for no progress