Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

I take it that Mark has yet to find or be offered a suitable location? Would Scottish Widows be prepared to help out in any way or can the council be leaned on a little more heavily to offer an alternate site

No, nothing is even in the offing, Wallbuilder.

The Charity has now been in these temporary buildings for 11 years, and are no closer to getting anything.

The Bandstand, on The Moor, would have been absolutely perfect, both from a location and a size point of view, but it was not to be. (It also had good accessibility, and would have been a prominent landmark)

The old Roberts Brothers Store (the former Mark One) was offered, as an idea, but it is four floors, and far too big for the charity, as well as being horrendously dear.

My recollection is that it was something like "Sheffield is built on seven hills - and some of the buildings are made of stone."

Yes, it's a very poor name indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
will those blokes who sold the pirate playstation games be back when the project is finished?

Ha ha, I remember them when they used to be on the Moor

They'd always leg it whenever somebody told them the Police or Trading Standards were coming after them :hihi:

• 3 weeks later...