Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

Just had a look on the SCC website for Sevenstone because i forgot what was proposed.

Its just looks amazing. Made me angry & sad that it may never happen. :cry:

But if you wanna have a look click the link below and look at the PDF design files.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/planning-and-city-development/regeneration/schemes/sevenstone-exhibition.html

Just had a look on the SCC website for Sevenstone because i forgot what was proposed.

Its just looks amazing. Made me angry & sad that it may never happen. :cry:

But if you wanna have a look click the link below and look at the PDF design files.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/planning-and-city-development/regeneration/schemes/sevenstone-exhibition.html

I don't think there's even any 'may' (not happen) about it at this stage, regarding Sevenstone as it is in those plans.

Hammersons have SCC by the balls.

- Hammersons won't start any work, perhaps ever

- they own & control a large section of the city-centre

- nobody else is interested in buying it off them

- SCC can't afford to buy it back

Plus, SCC never drew up the contract correctly - to ensure that the work would be done, and be be done to time & expectation.

I don't think there's even any 'may' (not happen) about it at this stage, regarding Sevenstone as it is in those plans.

Hammersons have SCC by the balls.

- Hammersons won't start any work, perhaps ever

- they own & control a large section of the city-centre

- nobody else is interested in buying it off them

- SCC can't afford to buy it back

Plus, SCC never drew up the contract correctly - to ensure that the work would be done, and be be done to time & expectation.

The government is going to have to intervene here, and its going to have to be a Sheffield Libdem councilor/MP that raises it with the government because Labour wont shame themselves up.

The government is going to have to intervene here, and its going to have to be a Sheffield Libdem councilor/MP that raises it with the government because Labour wont shame themselves up.

This has really got me angry now.

I emailed Toby Foster this morning to ask him to arrange an interview with Mothersole, Dore or Hammerson.

This has really got me angry now.

I emailed Toby Foster this morning to ask him to arrange an interview with Mothersole, Dore or Hammerson.

After the way the financial side of the world student games has been handled and now this Sevenstone debacle, Sheffield Labour have shown themselves to be utterly incompetent, and the people of Sheffield are suffering for it.

Just a question really. As people are complaining are they then carrying on their complaint by actually contacting the chief executive, their mp or even their local councillor?I'm sufficiently curious to go down this route a bit as the city centre planning design people weren't able or willing to answer a few questions merely directing me to Hammersons own site that doesn't really say much at all.

Just a question really. As people are complaining are they then carrying on their complaint by actually contacting the chief executive, their mp or even their local councillor?I'm sufficiently curious to go down this route a bit as the city centre planning design people weren't able or willing to answer a few questions merely directing me to Hammersons own site that doesn't really say much at all.

Do a freedom of information request, that way they HAVE to answer your questions hehe