Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

Have a look at the link below list Hamersons future developments Sevenstones is still listed to start 2014

will cost £285 million and earn an estimated annual income of £24million

.http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=133289&p=prop-developments

It states "earliest start" 2014. SCC have already suggested it won't start until 2015. The Leeds development is also stated as starting in 2014 but they don't have planning permission yet. The list just shows what they are working on...or not as the case may be if it doesn't work financially.

Erm... That was my point!

So nothing will happen. Hammerson will hold onto the properties and concentrate on the other projects they have announced and sheffield will continue to go downhill.

---------- Post added 23-04-2013 at 10:16 ----------

Finally Nick Clegg has found his voice over this fiasco

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/kick-hammerson-off-sevenstone-project-1-5606546

Edited by Penistone999

I'm not claiming Nicks input had anything to do with me but it is interesting that after sending off a few grumpy emails asking for clarification and up to date info that there seems to of been some reaction. I know I didn't include Nick in my email list but maybe he's heard something from one of the other mps.

I'm now waiting to see if I get any personal responses and if I don't then there will be more rather more forceful emails going out.

So nothing will happen. Hammerson will hold onto the properties and concentrate on the other projects they have announced and sheffield will continue to go downhill.

---------- Post added 23-04-2013 at 10:16 ----------

Finally Nick Clegg has found his voice over this fiasco

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/kick-hammerson-off-sevenstone-project-1-5606546

So Leigh Bramall trots out the same old line we've been fed for ages 'confident it will happen' etc...and throws in a dig / a bit of blame at the opposition. :rolleyes: thanks for that Leigh but don't even bother commenting next time ey?

So Leigh Bramall trots out the same old line we've been fed for ages 'confident it will happen' etc...and throws in a dig / a bit of blame at the opposition. :rolleyes: thanks for that Leigh but don't even bother commenting next time ey?

These Cllr`s have lost all sense of reality. They live in a world of their own in the town hall. They trot out the same old tired excuses no matter what subject they are asked to comment on.Its always someone else`s fault blah ,blah, blah.

Worse than that, he's the labourite planning to borrow £30 mil against future rates and further indebt the city just to keep this fantasy of a mini-meadowhall with no parking on the table.

When this reckless gamble fails make the council personally liable for the debt rather than the rest of us would be my suggestion.