Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

If it'd good enough for you as a taxpayer it's good enough for us all as taxpayerers. Let's see the email. And the bit about it being confidential. Seems like a bit of a dodge is going on to me.

Nothing dodgey going on at all and I believe the confidentiality bit is a fairly standard section attached to a lot of council emails I know I've seen it on others in the past. However wouldn't it be a better idea if people actually concerned with the lack of definite dates or progress use the email address I've provided to ask their own questions. People will then probably get to see the same type of email I recieved and can then decide for themselves whether they want to share it in full or not.

Nothing dodgey going on at all and I believe the confidentiality bit is a fairly standard section attached to a lot of council emails I know I've seen it on others in the past. However wouldn't it be a better idea if people actually concerned with the lack of definite dates or progress use the email address I've provided to ask their own questions. People will then probably get to see the same type of email I recieved and can then decide for themselves whether they want to share it in full or not.
You've received an email from a public body to you, a citizen. The information is therefore in the public domain and there is no legal reason for you not to post it on this or any other public forum, suitably red-acted to preserve your privacy of course.

You've received an email from a public body to you, a citizen. The information is therefore in the public domain and there is no legal reason for you not to post it on this or any other public forum, suitably red-acted to preserve your privacy of course.

Correct. Council tax payers pay the inflated salary`s of these people and as such they have to be held accountable and be totally transparent to those who pay their wages.

Correct. Council tax payers pay the inflated salary`s of these people and as such they have to be held accountable and be totally transparent to those who pay their wages.

But not people who pay their council tax to Baaarnsley :)

And they have responded to WallBuilder. However, that was direct to WallBuilder and is not in the public domain, contrary to what mapleboy claims.

Anyone is free to ask questions in the way WallBuilder has.

Are you suggesting that the £30m should be spent on demolition? That'd be a great reason to borrow money! I'd rather learn from Bradford's mistake.

As Leigh Bramall said on Radio Sheffield earlier this week, Hammersons will be in a position within the next few weeks to say one way or another what their intentions are. It seems a sensible strategy to wait for something definite before committing any more public money to Sevenstone.

So Leigh Bramall says no decision has been made by Hammersons, and Mothersole (allegedly) says in his response to Wallbuilders email that "Hammerson are still on board, the dates on their web site is for major works to begin".

Which one is it??:confused:

its called stringing everyone along in the vain hope that somthing will happen, there will be uproar if hammerstone pull out, but if thats the case then they couldnt really deny ikea any more....or could they??

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I think they could still use the same argument to try to deny IKEA if they wanted to but I doubt they would (unless maybe just to save the embarrassment of a planning 'U turn').

Im certain the council would welcome NEXT & IKEA but Hammerson are pulling their strings until such time as they abandon their project in the city.

Worst case scenario will be NEXT & IKEA deciding enough is enough, then Hammerson walking away leaving Sheffield with diddly squat apart from a load of empty buildings and tens of millions in wasted spending to date. Will anyone fall on their sword or will the economy be blamed...

I think they could still use the same argument to try to deny IKEA if they wanted to but I doubt they would (unless maybe just to save the embarrassment of a planning 'U turn').

Im certain the council would welcome NEXT & IKEA but Hammerson are pulling their strings until such time as they abandon their project in the city.

Worst case scenario will be NEXT & IKEA deciding enough is enough, then Hammerson walking away leaving Sheffield with diddly squat apart from a load of empty buildings and tens of millions in wasted spending to date. Will anyone fall on their sword or will the economy be blamed...

Scottish Widows are also pulling the councils strings because of their investment with the Moor redevelopment.