Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

Scottish Widows are also pulling the councils strings because of their investment with the Moor redevelopment.

Probably to an extent but the difference is Scottish Widows own most of the Moor so it's in their own interests to develop it anyway if it looks like it would increase its value. They could certainly exert a little pressure though.

Hammersons on the other hand have Mothersole and his team quaking in their boots with their pants firmly down :hihi:

Probably to an extent but the difference is Scottish Widows own most of the Moor so it's in their own interests to develop it anyway if it looks like it would increase its value. They could certainly exert a little pressure though.

Hammersons on the other hand have Mothersole and his team quaking in their boots with their pants firmly down :hihi:

But Penistone clearly states

" Scottish Widows are also pulling the councils strings[/b] because of their investment with the Moor redevelopment."

Not probably or maybe but are. I am at a loss who has the correct inside information

You or Him, or neither of you

" Scottish Widows are also pulling the councils strings[/b] because of their investment with the Moor redevelopment."

Not probably or maybe but are. I am at a loss who has the correct inside information You or Him, or neither of you

Dont worry too much about it

Will try my best not too.

Just that I like people who make statements on line, try occaionally to back them up with traceable facts. Not make stupid childish posts

Quite difficult with the trickle of information and constant changing dates.

Comical that you are more appalled at people being appalled than you are at the dreadful state of that area of town.

Quite difficult with the trickle of information and constant changing dates.

Comical that you are more appalled at people being appalled than you are at the dreadful state of that area of town.

Where did I say that I was not appalled about the state of the town?

Not probably or maybe but are. I am at a loss who has the correct inside information

You or Him, or neither of you

There is a post on here somewhere from Planner1 where he posts sections of the councils planning policy concerning retail development ,and it clearly states that Scottish Widows were against any planning applications being granted for any more out of town retail development near Meadowhall.

There is a post on here somewhere from Planner1 where he posts sections of the councils planning policy concerning retail development ,and it clearly states that Scottish Widows were against any planning applications being granted for any more out of town retail development near Meadowhall.

Thanks,

have had a search have found this quotation is this what you refer to

""The planners here and elsewhere are interested in developing and applying their local planning policies and advising the decision makers. That is what they are employed to do."

"Scottish Windows and anyone else who is interested can make an objection to any planning application which is advertised. To be credible, it would need to cite good planing reasons why an application should be refused or revised.""

Will anyone fall on their sword or will the economy be blamed...

The economy quite blatantly, as if the council will ever admit to their epic failings.

Then some moronic councillor will stand in front of the press and say Sheffield is a poster child for the failing economy - or something to that effect.

You'll see it on the evening news and spend half an hour ranting at the telly :hihi:.