Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

As a matter of interest how does Barnsley Council do by comparison.

in your view,

Equally as bad as Sheffield council , although i dont take too much interest in Barnsley even though i officially live within their border.

There is a City Master plan Exhibition on the 13th May.

There may be the opportunity for some answers there.

The exhibition is apparently being held in the winter garden on the Friday and saturday, the Friday being the 17 May and is going to be about the entire city centre from what I've been told.

Hammerson's Interim Management Statement for the period 1 January 2013 to 8 May 2013 has just been released with no mention what so ever of Sheffield.

They are very, very, busy in other UK cities like Leeds, Croydon & Southampton though.

We have truly been taken for mugs.

www.hammerson.com/media/press-releases/interim-management-statement-9-may-2013

www.hammerson.com/?mmdownload=fec578da4713f9206db58eed5bea4943716b338c6238eb72bf1b4dd30ea96e68.566.original

Hammerson's Interim Management Statement for the period 1 January 2013 to 8 May 2013 has just been released with no mention what so ever of Sheffield.

They are very, very, busy in other UK cities like Leeds, Croydon & Southampton though.

We have truly been taken for mugs.

www.hammerson.com/media/press-releases/interim-management-statement-9-may-2013

www.hammerson.com/?mmdownload=fec578da4713f9206db58eed5bea4943716b338c6238eb72bf1b4dd30ea96e68.566.original

Hammersons silence speaks volumes....

And another month passes and not a peep from Mothersole / SCC....tick tock tick tock.....the Pentagon leaks more information than they give the people of Sheffield. The arrogance is shameful.

Well if Hammerson have pulled out then rather than just getting a negative story in the Star I'd imagine that the council may want to offer an alternative developer but we'll have to wait and see. I did find out that the planned exhibition in the winter garden is still taking place and have been told there will be officers there to answer questions.

Hammersons silence speaks volumes....

And another month passes and not a peep from Mothersole / SCC....tick tock tick tock.....the Pentagon leaks more information than they give the people of Sheffield. The arrogance is shameful.

Dont forget Julie Dore is too busy having a jolly up in Bristol with Hesiltine and co at the tax payers expense to issue a statement on the Sevenstone fiasco.

Well if Hammerson have pulled out then rather than just getting a negative story in the Star I'd imagine that the council may want to offer an alternative developer but we'll have to wait and see. I did find out that the planned exhibition in the winter garden is still taking place and have been told there will be officers there to answer questions.

Yeah i'll be there on Thursday but i doubt there will be any definitive answers for the major questions. I get the feeling that SCC dont really know whats going on with hammerson either.

It'll be about turning bits of wasteland into bits of grass with useless sculptures and pathways to bits of canal that only 1% of Sheffielders use.

If anyone uses any terms such as culture or community then i'll walk away from them.

Edited by Clown Shoes

Yeah i'll be there on Thursday but i doubt there will be any definitive answers for the major questions. I get the feeling that SCC dont really know whats going on with hammerson either.

It'll be about turning bits of wasteland into bits of grass with useless sculptures and pathways to bits of canal that only 1% of Sheffielders use.

If anyone uses any terms such as culture or community then i'll walk away from them.

The latest buzz word is 'sustainable'.

---------- Post added 15-05-2013 at 10:37 ----------

Im sure the story wont be negative. It will have a positive spin on it. I have no doubt the story will not be that Hammerson have pulled out, but that 'SCC Kick Hammerson Off The Job', with a picture of Mothersole looking tough having decided enough is enough.

Like kids dating..Im dumping you - no I just dumped you first!

Its insulting that Hammerson thinks that Croydon has a greater potential then Sheffield.

Croydon high street is like being back stage at Jeremy Kyle.

Or maybe we are all deluded in this city!

To be fair, Croydon is in London which is a world away from the economic problems we have oooop north, and they have been dealing with SCC long enough to have developed the same opinion that most of Sheffield have on their competence as leaders/managers.

---------- Post added 17-05-2013 at 09:21 ----------

On another note..any news yet?? tick tock!