Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

that is a very good question. anyone care to answer ?

I hope they have saved it in the piggy bank, because before the council could even think about trying to get another developer to build Sevenstone they have to either negotiate a deal to buy back the land and property from Hammerson OR compulsive purchase them ,in which case they will still have to pay Hammerson.

If this money has already been Squandered on the councils pet projects they are in trouble as to get rid of Hammerson is going to cost them.

Well at least SCC have made a statement.

I guess we'll have to give them the benefit of the doubt till the end of May which is only 11 days away.

Lets hope that Hammerson's commit because if they dont, this project will start from the beginning and could take over 2 years of tendering & consultation until the bulldozers even get started.

Hammerson's will not give their plans to a rival company.

Well at least SCC have made a statement.

I guess we'll have to give them the benefit of the doubt till the end of May which is only 11 days away.

Lets hope that Hammerson's commit because if they dont, this project will start from the beginning and could take over 2 years of tendering & consultation until the bulldozers even get started.

Hammerson's will not give their plans to a rival company.

Nor will they give back the shops and land without making a profit on it, which makes any development with another developer impossible until Hammerson get what they want for the land and property they own on the Sevenstone site.

Nor will they give back the shops and land without making a profit on it, which makes any development with another developer impossible until Hammerson get what they want for the land and property they own on the Sevenstone site.

I'd like to think that the council have included a clause for that when they CPO'd all that property.

Surely Hammerson wouldnt want the bad press of holding the city to ransom. They should be paying compensation if anything.

The other interesting fact is that Hammerson own Drake House Retail Park. Wouldnt a shining new city centre attract people away from there? :huh:

I don't know the detail but if hammersons now own the property SCC can cpo them back and chances are the value will be lower than what hammersons paid in a much better market

Surely Hammerson wouldnt want the bad press of holding the city to ransom. They should be paying compensation if anything.

Are they actually getting any bad press though? The only negativity surrounding them is on this regional forum. They're certainly getting good coverage from their other successful projects.

Are they actually getting any bad press though? The only negativity surrounding them is on this regional forum. They're certainly getting good coverage from their other successful projects.

Ive got no interest in any of their other commercial projects.

I live in Sheffield. Thats why ive expressed my criticism & concerns on this 'Sheffield Forum'

:huh:

But you don't seem to understand that Sheffield Forum is just a small part of Sheffield, and nothing official.

Do you honestly think Hammersons are going to care if you badmouth them on here? Its hardly going to damage their business is it?