Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

But you don't seem to understand that Sheffield Forum is just a small part of Sheffield, and nothing official.

Do you honestly think Hammersons are going to care if you badmouth them on here? Its hardly going to damage their business is it?

I think they care about me about as much as they seem to care about Sheffield.

Not alot!

And probably quite annoying. :D

Are they actually getting any bad press though? The only negativity surrounding them is on this regional forum. They're certainly getting good coverage from their other successful projects.

To be honest i feel its sheffield council getting the bad publicity on here ,not Hammerson.

9 days to go!

:suspect:

in the star tonight. im not going to type it all out but basically it says the council met with hammerson on tuesday and the council were expected to ask them to proceed and give a completion date or step aside so another company could be found but the council have now given them MORE time . you couldnt make it up :loopy:

Did the Star happen to mention which Tuesday as I'd been politely requesting info from the office of John Mothersole and although I knew he met up with Hammerson it certainly sounded as though the line was going to be drawn in the sand. The Star again may be wanting to portray the council in a bad light with only partial truths.

in the star tonight. im not going to type it all out but basically it says the council met with hammerson on tuesday and the council were expected to ask them to proceed and give a completion date or step aside so another company could be found but the council have now given them MORE time . you couldnt make it up :loopy:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/build-it-or-bust-sevenstone-ultimatum-to-hammerson-1-5690641

Wait a minute. Sevenstone is a PRIVATE development. Why the hell should SCC bear ANY risk as to future tax receipts as mentioned in this article. It's up to Hammerson to bear ALL the risks of whether THEIR venture will succeed or not, NOT the PUBLIC purse. Something really stinks here.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/sevenstone-deadlock-set-to-continue-after-failure-of-talks-1-5708316

Wait a minute. Sevenstone is a PRIVATE development. Why the hell should SCC bear ANY risk as to future tax receipts as mentioned in this article. It's up to Hammerson to bear ALL the risks of whether THEIR venture will succeed or not, NOT the PUBLIC purse. Something really stinks here.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/sevenstone-deadlock-set-to-continue-after-failure-of-talks-1-5708316

SCC are desperate , and are using anything they can to get Hammerson to commit to building Sevenstone.