Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

SCC are desperate , and are using anything they can to get Hammerson to commit to building Sevenstone.

Only 4 working days to go till they have stated that they will kick Hammerson off the project. I really hope Hammerson step up though.

But we'll finally see if SCC have some balls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penistone999

SCC are desperate , and are using anything they can to get Hammerson to commit to building Sevenstone.

Only 4 working days to go till they have stated that they will kick Hammerson off the project. I really hope Hammerson step up though.

But we'll finally see if SCC have some balls.

if i was a betting person i would bet that scc give them more time, even if they not even spoke to them!!! they are that desperate, its looking frankly embarrasing now scc!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

if i was a betting person i would bet that scc give them more time, even if they not even spoke to them!!! they are that desperate, its looking frankly embarrasing now scc!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

The council wont keep Hammerson to any deadline , we all know that. Hammerson have the council dangling on a string ,and this whole pathetic farce is quite frankly an embarrassment to the city of sheffield.

But you don't seem to understand that Sheffield Forum is just a small part of Sheffield, and nothing official.

Do you honestly think Hammersons are going to care if you badmouth them on here? Its hardly going to damage their business is it?

Can you think of anywhere else, on the internet or in real life, that gets so many Sheffield people together at one place at the same time to talk?

Can you think of anywhere else, on the internet or in real life, that gets so many Sheffield people together at one place at the same time to talk?

As well as on here, The comments section in The Star is full of people saying exactly the same , everyone is in agreement on this subject............. not that the council ever listens........... they adopt the policy of sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting Blah,Blah,Blah .

So lets assume Hammerson are history.

The next plan (apparently) is to break up 'Sevenstone' into bite size chunks and let multiple developers in on the act.

I'd hazard a guest that it will take at lease 2 years to get to a stage where building can begin. So we might see some piecemeal development completed by Summer 2016.

Thats if everything runs smoothly.

But lets not forget who will be responsible for coordinating multiple tenders / developers- ahh yes- SCC who spent a decade trying to deal with one developer and cocked it up in a spectacular display of incompetence.

So if Hammerson are history, lets just leave it there hey? At least until another outfit other than SCC are put in control.

We all know that the end of the month will come and go, there will be a deafening silence on the subject for a couple of months, and then the council will say that they are in intensive negotiations with Hammerson and hope to be able to say more soon.

I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see. I somehow doubt we'll see a headline on the 1st of June saying that Hammersons have been chucked off the project.