Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

There are 12 spaces in that car park.

---------- Post added 30-05-2013 at 15:09 ----------

Within the Inner Relief Road. Some are in Wicker area which most people would agree as city centre.

I disagree - i think most people would think that the Wicker area has never been part of the city centre.

Can you name any high street shops that you would normally associate with a city centre that are on the Wicker?

I suppose it depends on what side of the city you live on as to whether you consider The Wicker to be part of the city centre or not after all there have been quite a few people on here who have said that the new market is too far out of the city centre where-as i live on the south side of the city so consider the current market to be almost out of the city centre. If anyone asks me where the Wicker is then my answer is on the far side of the city centre, so yes it is part of the city centre

I suppose it depends on what side of the city you live on as to whether you consider The Wicker to be part of the city centre or not after all there have been quite a few people on here who have said that the new market is too far out of the city centre where-as i live on the south side of the city so consider the current market to be almost out of the city centre. If anyone asks me where the Wicker is then my answer is on the far side of the city centre, so yes it is part of the city centre

Can you name any high street shops that you would normally associate with a city centre that are on the Wicker?

There are 12 spaces in that car park.

---------- Post added 30-05-2013 at 15:09 ----------

Within the Inner Relief Road. Some are in Wicker area which most people would agree as city centre.

Have you asked most people?

I doubt anybody shopping in the city centre would park in the Wicker to be fair. I think when people mention city centre parking they mean city centre parking- close to the shops- in the city centre.

The list of city centre car parks you detailed where charges have been halved as some form of softener for imposing sunday charges and increased charges elsewhere is a joke.

Edited by lil-minx92

I can't think of any shops I'd associate with a city centre in Sheffield city centre. :hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 30-05-2013 at 16:26 ----------

Well OK, I exaggerate. But I certainly have never considered the Wicker to be part of the city centre. And surely with the bus gate restrictions along it, the number of people who would venture along it to find somewhere to park is surely not that great.

I can't think of any shops I'd associate with a city centre along Arundel street or around Sheffield hallam university buildings or the railway station but they're all in the city centre, well they are to me at any rate

WH Smiths in train station?

Have a look at Sheffield University's map of the city centre - link attached.

The Wicker ain't on it.

http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/visitors/mapsandtravel/sheffield

Quote:

Originally Posted by WallBuilder

I can't think of any shops I'd associate with a city centre along Arundel street or around Sheffield hallam university buildings or the railway station but they're all in the city centre, well they are to me at any rate

WH Smiths in train station?

Have a look at Sheffield University's map of the city centre - link attached.

The Wicker ain't on it.

http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/visitors/...avel/sheffield

look we live in planner1's view of the city centre not some hick college, ooops sorry its Sheffield uni, watch it scc will be demanding that they change it soon rofl

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android