Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

From Attercliffe Rd do not go under the Wicker arches or you have already lost. Bare right on the A6109 just past Tesco and stay in the left hand lane. Turn right onto the A61 Derek Dooley Way (keeping in the left lane). After the first set of traffic lights turn left onto Nursery St and left again onto Spitalfields (Harlequin pub on you're right as you go onto Spitalfields). Continue all the way down and the road changes to Stanley St, once at the end, you are at the Wicker. I park my car around here for work and cannot think of another (quicker way)

I guess you could always go under the Wicker arches and go onto D Dooley Way towards the parkway, loop around and come back down D Dooley Way and turn left onto the Wicker (you can do this as this is the way i come each morning).

Sorry it's long winded but that's the route.

All that messing about, extra mileage just to get 200 yds down the road............... what a joke sheffield council are.

i tried to drivr down to the wicker 3 months ago to take missus to pharmacy, omg what a joke, its a maze down there and so car unfriendly and so easy to get a ticket dtiving through a bus gate its a joke.

im sure that council did that deliberatly to maximise revenue because it makes no sence at all!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

You must be blind if you think it's easy to get a ticket from this:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/webimage/1.5505238.1363675476!/image/270076988.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/270076988.jpg

And before you get to the signs above, it's not like you are forewarned:

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ic8y2u.jpg

If you believe these gates are there for revenue, carry on believing in the absurd. I don't mind :)

if it was somebody new to sheffield i CAN see how easy it could be to make a mistake trying to get 400 yards down the road and not realising you got to drive a mile to get there, but if it makes you feel better, you carry on insulting people, i got thick skin!

if it was somebody new to sheffield i CAN see how easy it could be to make a mistake trying to get 400 yards down the road and not realising you got to drive a mile to get there, but if it makes you feel better, you carry on insulting people, i got thick skin!

The signs are clear, even to a driver who is not from Sheffield. As for driving a mile, I think you are exaggerating slightly :)

The signs are clear, even to a driver who is not from Sheffield. As for driving a mile, I think you are exaggerating slightly :)
Not by much she isn't. Measuring on Google:

If you are driving into town, to get from one side of the bus gate to the other, turn left onto Derrick Dooley Way, go up to the Parkway, do a U-turn at the roundabout and come back down DD Way to turn left back onto the Wicker is 3/4 of a mile. Allowing that'll you'll never do it without stopping - 6 traffic signal stop lines to get past and who has EVER driven through 6 green lights in a row in Sheffield city centre?! - a minimum of 3-4 minutes. Much more at peak periods.

The straight line distance, were you able to go through the bus gate is less than 100 yards.

SCC, doing it's bit to save the planet by helping to cut vehicle emissions?

Not that I'd ever want to frequent the shops on the Wicker in the first place, a sea of take aways, which after that Life of Grime programme about the Wicker a while back :gag:

If you are driving into town, to get from one side of the bus gate to the other, turn left onto Derrick Dooley Way, go up to the Parkway, do a U-turn at the roundabout and come back down DD Way to turn left back onto the Wicker is 3/4 of a mile. Allowing that'll you'll never do it without stopping - 6 traffic signal stop lines to get past and who has EVER driven through 6 green lights in a row in Sheffield city centre?! - a minimum of 3-4 minutes. Much more at peak periods.

The straight line distance, were you able to go through the bus gate is less than 100 yards.

Not that I'd ever want to frequent the shops on the Wicker in the first place, a sea of take aways, which after that Life of Grime programme about the Wicker a while back :gag:

But did you not know that the Wicker is one of the jewel's in our city centres' crown?

You see, if I was trying to get to the other end of the Wicker, I would not take that route. I would take the much shorter route of turning right on to DDW and then on to Nursery Street. That is the quickest and shortest route.

You see, if I was trying to get to the other end of the Wicker, I would not take that route. I would take the much shorter route of turning right on to DDW and then on to Nursery Street. That is the quickest and shortest route.

From Attercliffe Road?

I think you are forgetting that the Wicker became a bus gate as part of the Inner Relief Road scheme. The IRR relieved a lot of congestion, so overall, the scheme has been very positive for air quality