Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

Yes, from Attercliffe Road and then on to Saville Street, bear right on to DDW and then left on to Nursery Street. That is most direct way to get to the far end of the Wicker, without going round the houses.

I pointed this out a few posts ago, neither are really "direct" are they though ? You either have to go right and come back on yourself or left and back on yourself. It really is a joke when you can see where you want to get to. I don't have a problem with it and never had a bus gate ticket but for someone out of town i bet (actually i know) it's a pain in the arse.

I work on Millsands and applicants from around the country come here for interviews re: their applications, i ask them how easy the journey was from wherever they came and 9/10 times they say something along the lines of "It was fine but we struggled to find the building due to the one way systems and bus lanes".

---------- Post added 01-06-2013 at 11:28 ----------

I think you are forgetting that the Wicker became a bus gate as part of the Inner Relief Road scheme. The IRR relieved a lot of congestion, so overall, the scheme has been very positive for air quality

It still stinks down the Wicker...FAIL ! :hihi:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapleboy

SCC, doing it's bit to save the planet by helping to cut vehicle emissions?

I think you are forgetting that the Wicker became a bus gate as part of the Inner Relief Road scheme. The IRR relieved a lot of congestion, so overall, the scheme has been very positive for air quality

and you know this for certain how??, or are you making assumptions?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Yes, from Attercliffe Road and then on to Saville Street, bear right on to DDW and then left on to Nursery Street. That is most direct way to get to the far end of the Wicker, without going round the houses.

But it is still going round the houses rather than being able to drive straight down the Wicker.

and you know this for certain how??, or are you making assumptions?

Well, most people I speak to who use the IRR said it took 10-15 minutes off their journey times. Multiply that amount of emissions by the thousands of vehicles which use the IRR every day and you will see that it easily outweighs the much fewer number of vehicles who now go a little further to access roads off Wicker.

But you can't drive down the Wicker so it's moot point :)

It doesn't bother me because despite it being an eminent part of the city centre last time i went down the wicker the old 5-6-7 cinema was open.

However i'm amazed that in order to get from a to b the council, in several areas of the city, make people drive via c,d and e, increasing journey times and emissions.

It doesn't bother me because despite it being an eminent part of the city centre last time i went down the wicker the old 5-6-7 cinema was open.

However i'm amazed that in order to get from a to b the council, in several areas of the city, make people drive via c,d and e, increasing journey times and emissions.

It bothers you a lot, clearly, as you keep going on about it.

It bothers you a lot, clearly, as you keep going on about it.

Touche. As do you.:)

The restirctions don't bother me as the wicker is not an area i consider visiting - driving on DDW is as near as i get.

Posting on here passes the time whilst sat at work

getting back on topic, does anybody really believe that we will get an update on monday re sevenstone from the council or will as i suspect that they will just stay quiet about it all!!

getting back on topic, does anybody really believe that we will get an update on monday re sevenstone from the council or will as i suspect that they will just stay quiet about it all!!

.....................................................Silence !