Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

in the star tonight. im not going to type it all out but basically it says the council met with hammerson on tuesday and the council were expected to ask them to proceed and give a completion date or step aside so another company could be found but the council have now given them MORE time . you couldnt make it up :loopy:

yes saw this 2 weeks ago ,posted about it and it got ignored by the coucil apologists

---------- Post added 04-06-2013 at 21:57 ----------

just says john mothersole and leigh bramall met with hammerson on tuesday . tonights star page 4

and again :mad::mad::mad:

---------- Post added 04-06-2013 at 21:59 ----------

Went to the masterplan, according to one of the councillors there we would find out by the end of this week if Hammerson were committed, with a start date. Slim chance of that i reckon.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Did no one see this press release a few days after the one issued on the 20th (the supposed deadline given to Hammerson).

Seems that the deadline was removed, with Hamerson given more time

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/sevenstone-deadlock-set-to-continue-after-failure-of-talks-1-5708316

Didn't see that- tucked away in the Business section :suspect:

Anyone might think The Star were asked to keep the news quiet to save SCC's face.

The first comment under the story is funny :hihi:

So, SCC made an empty threat to Hammerson, and Hammerson called their bluff as a poster above suggested. This really is a farce to end all farces!

I predict SCC will bend over and give Hammerson exactly what they want (effectively £30m), and Hammerson will start development exactly when they want- 2017/18

So, SCC made an empty threat to Hammerson, and Hammerson called their bluff as a poster above suggested. This really is a farce to end all farces!

I predict SCC will bend over and give Hammerson exactly what they want (effectively £30m), and Hammerson will start development exactly when they want- 2017/18

Which is exactly what we all knew , and all predicted would happen.

Maybe Mothersole needs to take better biscuits next time?

Try ginger rather than rich tea John. That should do the trick!

:confused: Am I missing something? :)

I just hope Hammersons give John and all his crack development team a big kiss before they shaft them

I am aware that big organisations can move rather slowly and so am happy enough to give them a few days leeway, however as I'd left a phone message and sent an email to Ronald Ree's and not recieved a reply I have today rung again and left another message. If I still don't get a response then I'll be taking it up another step and going to the chief executives office with my query. I just wish all the other users on here who seem disgruntled by the lack of info would do the same as it might push things on further but as I've said I know how to ask questions and will not be swayed or let things drop.

Didn't see that- tucked away in the Business section :suspect:

Anyone might think The Star were asked to keep the news quiet to save SCC's face.

Do you seriously think the Star would "keep something quiet to save SCC's face"?

Do you seriously think the Star would "keep something quiet to save SCC's face"?

Do you seriously think the media and the 'powers that be' don't ever talk to each other before publication?? And come to little agreements?

I suggest you read Piers Morgans autobiography for an introduction into how it sometimes works.

whens the next local elections?, because this lot couldnt run a drinking sesh in a brewery never mind a multi million pound city, its time they were kicked out and we get people in who can and will run things properly.

i can see now why ukip did so well at last local elections!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android