Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

If only everyone could get their head in the sand while the council does nothing against a backdrop of Sheffield City Centres continued demise into one of the worst places in the UK. Sigh.

Do you seriously think that nobody should be bothered?

Do you seriously think that the Council is doing nothing? Sigh.

The fact that a lot of people are bothered does not make the task in hand any easier or mean that the Council should be issuing daily press releases to say that there is no news yet.

Edited by Planner1

planner1, here is a totally out of the ballpark thought, how about scc being pro-active, strange thought i know but it might actually mean things start to happen!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

We don't want daily press releases. Don't exaggerate. But when the council gives it the big I AM and an end of May deadline we expect something other than nothing.

In real terms they aren't doing anything are they? It should have been completed what? Last year? They've let it drag on and on and on and on....

And you think that people shouldn't be angry with their utter failure?

In Liverpool or Manchester or Leeds the pitchforks would already have been out.

The fact that a lot of people are bothered does not make the task in hand any easier or mean that the Council should be issuing daily press releases to say that there is no news yet.

When the council make a feeble attempt of taking a stance and setting Hammerson a deadline i expect the council to issue a statement as soon as that deadline has passed .

Do you ever, just for a second, consider that this might be because there is no news right now and that they will let you know when there is some news?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Lib Dems in power for some of the time that this has been rumbling along? Who else do you think has a reasonable chance of being elected?

Getting on with their lives as they probably have better things to do than speculate on when the next Council press release might come out.

think i opened a hornets nest ,within 90 mins of me posting , certain posters who have had nothing to say for weeks because they have been to busy,:suspect: are on here to defend the council but then come on here and defend them with nothing :suspect:

When the council make a feeble attempt of taking a stance and setting Hammerson a deadline i expect the council to issue a statement as soon as that deadline has passed .

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

---------- Post added 19-06-2013 at 22:31 ----------

So lads and lasses, is there any up to date information regarding all the goings on down town ???

stop being foolish:hihi:the council are trying really hard to bend over for hammerson