Anyone but England.

Of course it is! . No matter what anyone says, we as a nation always cop for it. It seems its ok to English bash whenever you feel like it. were always being accused of being racist ,its pathetic! not allowed to be proud of your country and fly the flag unless its for football. Go to any other country and they,re allowed to be patriotic, but not here, God forbid!. One year while on holiday in wales i noticed an ad campaign that was showing every ad break. It showed lots of celebrities like tom jones and cerys matthews saying. "every morning i wake up and thank the lord im welsh".Fair dos to them , but can you imagine being allowed to do that in England. ? you must be joking!.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

..are you a member of the Flat Earth or Persecution Complex Societies, carolynqk?

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

..are you a member of the Flat Earth or Persecution Complex Societies, carolynqk?

See what happens?

Someone makes a valid complaint about how they dont feel they are allowed to be patriotic and then smart arses like you poke fun.

Sort of proves their point if you ask me.

Like i say, ask the Romans.

If i were dodging the question then id just not answer your posts but please, dont insult me by not being arsed to do your own research, especially when i give you a hint.

Actually - at the time of the Romans, the area now called England was populated by Celtic tribes which were driven out by the German Angles (etc) once the Romans left. So you've lost on that one.

AND I do seem to remember Andy Murray being slated for making a joke about 'anyone but England' a couple of years ago.

My advice - get a grip and get a sense of humour. There are far more horrendous cases to get wound up about than a group of people not wanting your football team to win and wearing a t-shirt to say that.

See what happens?

Someone makes a valid complaint about how they dont feel they are allowed to be patriotic and then smart arses like you poke fun.

Sort of proves their point if you ask me.

Valid comment, it was totally invalid as it was based on lies, or indeed a false perception.

Just for the record:

"We as a nation always cop it"-Cop what exactly?

"We're always being accused of being racist"-Who by? An overactive imagination perhaps?

"Not allowed to fly the flag, unless its football"

Who has placed that prohibition? I regularly drive past a house on Whiteley Wood Road, that flies the Flag of St George proudly from a proper full size flag pole, one also regularly flies from Fulwood Hall. You really can fly your flag if you want to.

"Go to any other country and they're allowed to be patriotic"-

That's because they want to be, nobody is dictating carolynqk's behaviour other then themselves.

"One year while on holiday in wales i noticed an ad campaign that was showing every ad break. It showed lots of celebrities like tom jones and cerys matthews saying. "every morning i wake up and thank the lord im welsh"-

IT WAS AN ADVERT! Presumably selling the idea of Wales as a holiday destination.

I'm sure Ian Wright, The Queen and Nick Griffin wake up every morning and proclaim their thanks for being English..and there's nothing stopping you or carolyn, from doing exactly the same thing!

Valid comment, it was totallyinvalid as it was based on lies, or indeed a false perception.

Just for the record:

"We as a nation always cop it"-Cop what exactly?

"We're always being accused of being racist"-Who by? An overactive imagination perhaps?

"Not allowed to fly the flag, unless its football"

Who has placed that prohibition? I regularly drive past a house on Whiteley Wood Road, that flies the Flag of St George proudly from a proper full size flag pole, one also regularly flies from Fulwood Hall. You really can fly your flag if you want to.

"Go to any other country and they're allowed to be patriotic"-

That's because they want to be, nobody is dictating carolynqk's behaviour other then themselves.

"One year while on holiday in wales i noticed an ad campaign that was showing every ad break. It showed lots of celebrities like tom jones and cerys matthews saying. "every morning i wake up and thank the lord im welsh"-

IT WAS AN ADVERT! Presumably selling the idea of Wales as a holiday destination.

I'm sure Ian Wright, The Queen and Nick Griffin wake up every morning and proclaim their thanks for being English..and there's nothing stopping you or carolyn, from doing exactly the same thing!

My bold.

your soooooo arrogant its almost unreal.

I can see theres no point argunig with somone who thinks so highly of their opinion and so low of others opinions.

My bold.

your soooooo arrogant its almost unreal.

I can see theres no point argunig with somone who thinks so highly of their opinion and so low of others opinions.

Ok, you'll obviously have to start ignoring your own posts on that basis then ;)

Archived