Anyone but England.

The use of a football tournament is just a convieninet excuse for the scots to spill their bile and hate at us English.

And i've proven we're using the same tournament to spill bile at Germany and France.

More importantly, you're taking the actions of one small shop selling t-shirts and blowing it up into a national conspiracy against us. You're looking for moral outrage where it doesn't exist.

And i've proven we're using the same tournament to spill bile at Germany and France.

More importantly, you're taking the actions of one small shop selling t-shirts and blowing it up into a national conspiracy against us. You're looking for moral outrage where it doesn't exist.

Thats your opinion.

No, I asked you, stop trying to dodge the question

What is the difference in race between the english and the scottish?

Like i say, ask the Romans.

If i were dodging the question then id just not answer your posts but please, dont insult me by not being arsed to do your own research, especially when i give you a hint.

It's a t-shirt for a football tournament, not the biggest slight we've ever faced. At the very most, and this is the extreme end of the scale, it is ever so slightly offensive. Some people in Scotland don't want us to win the world cup. Boo hoo. It's hardly in the same league as apartheid, is it?

You're obviously enjoying your moral indignation though so i shall let you carry on.

Precisely, it's the same kind of banter that goes on between nations/races/religions that notionally have some affiliation.

Africans call West Indians 'bushmen', because the latter were the ones daft enough to get caught by the slave traders, West Indians have some choice descriptions for Africans too, but neither party is likely to go to war over it, it's just mickey taking.

The best I heard from a Scotsmen though was the former Scottish flanker and Borders farmer, John Jeffrey, who was reflecting on the stunning views from his property, that were only spoilt by the fact he could see England from his kitchen window.

I think Renton from Trainspotting sums it up nicely

'It's **** being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the ****** Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just ******. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by ******. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete ******. It's a ***** state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any ****** difference!'

That's EXACTLY the quote I was thinking of when I was typing! He does indeed sum it up well.

So you got on ok with 'Johnny Foreigner'?

For the most part yeah.

When i go to another country i like to emerse myself in their culture and their way of life. Its a fantastic experience and id urge anyone who hasnt already done so to go visit another country, even if its just for a few days.

You wont regret it.

Archived