Would you commute by bicycle if..

Tony

I do cycle if I need to get to the city centre, but cycling to Nottingham for work everyday would be a little harsh.

also I often see cyclists on roads I wouldn't feel safe cycling on, the Stocksbridge to Sheffield road is a good example - fast traffic and cycles tend not to mix in my opinion.

Whenever I see cyclists risking their lives just because 'they have a right to be there' the term bloody idiots springs to mind.

If there were secure bike and kit lockers dotted around the town centre? Maybe with a shower to freshen up?

What about some training to build your ability and confidence? How about a mobile bicycle repair man in town?

What would it take to get you out of the car or off the bus and onto a bicycle?

Nothing would convince me to take the bike.

Work is too far away

Changing after I arrive at home/office is too much hassle

I don't want to be sweaty and smell when I arrive at work

If I lived close to work I'd walk

I like my car

I like listening to the radio or music

90% of the time the weather is awful, I don't find much joy in getting soaking wet when I could be dry

If there were secure bike and kit lockers dotted around the town centre? Maybe with a shower to freshen up?

What about some training to build your ability and confidence? How about a mobile bicycle repair man in town?

What would it take to get you out of the car or off the bus and onto a bicycle?

Having a job.

I used to cycle to my last job, it was good. (cycling, not the job!)

:)

Archived