Does anyone remember Shirgreen Hotel in the late 90's

the last time i went in was the early 90`s for a drink with my bro on the day of my dads funeral. It looked bad then but it was a good pub in the late 70`s, early 80`s. Always full and buzzing every night. The people that ran it at that time were ray and linda. Great times

the last time i went in was the early 90`s for a drink with my bro on the day of my dads funeral. It looked bad then but it was a good pub in the late 70`s, early 80`s. Always full and buzzing every night. The people that ran it at that time were ray and linda. Great times

the late 70's early 80's were indeed good times,as a teenager i loved the music,the clothes and the football....shame i was always skint and never had owt...just like most of the youth of them days :|:|:|:|

having said that we didn't go around mugging people or taking drugs

Didn`t they turn the lounge area into a snooker room towards the end to try and get the custom in? When i was a nipper i can remember going with my dad to the off licence attached to the dramshop. It was just a door that i had to wait outside.

Didn`t they turn the lounge area into a snooker room towards the end to try and get the custom in? When i was a nipper i can remember going with my dad to the off licence attached to the dramshop. It was just a door that i had to wait outside.

Yes they did and they made a tiny space for dancing in between the two rooms.

Not the same was it.

I remember lots of the regulars during the disco times and some from the Tap Room.

Keith Wiffin, Peter May, Andy Wyatt, mick Askew, Steve Broadhurst, paul Kettle,

Kath Costa, Alan Scarborough, Ken Sillitto, the simmonite brothers,

the McNeils, to name a few.

Does anyone remember two regular glass collectors Deborah Styrene and Ant.

Also little Rose who use to do the tote tickets.

She didn't stand any messing, as i think one of the Jackson brothers once found out to his cost Lol.

Yes they did and they made a tiny space for dancing in between the two rooms.

Not the same was it.

I remember lots of the regulars during the disco times and some from the Tap Room.

Keith Wiffin, Peter May, Andy Wyatt, mick Askew, Steve Broadhurst, paul Kettle,

Kath Costa, Alan Scarborough, Ken Sillitto, the simmonite brothers,

the McNeils, to name a few.

Does anyone remember two regular glass collectors Deborah Styrene and Ant.

Also little Rose who use to do the tote tickets.

She didn't stand any messing, as i think one of the Jackson brothers once found out to his cost Lol.

Yes i remember deborah and ant. Still see deborah on the shiregreen, ant "came out" years ago and ran off with a local bloke to whitby. Paul kettle was a big mate still see him around the shiregreen. One of the simmonite brothers lives opposite my mums on hartleybrook, I think it`s andy

I remember a brief spell in the 70's when they got a late license to open till either 1 or 2am, and they started doing basket meals as well. Unusual in those days and people started coming from all over and it got a bit wild, food being thrown at the waitresses that sort of stuff. Don't think it lasted long before they went back to closing at 10:30 again.

Archived