Looking for martial arts classes for a complete beginner.

Hi, Im interested myself! ive never really got into martial arts becuase i dont like violence. Im not some namby pamby pasefist, what i mean is i dont want to do combat, id rather train, do the excersizes, warm up, practice on a punchbag.....im not interesting in sparring with anyone, thats not my thing. Do you think any martial arts classes would cater for someone that doesnt want to do combat but just wants to learn the technique?

Ta

hi fionajane

the traditional side of taekwondo would suit you very well , the fitness and warm up and the kicking exercises, you would also learn the patterns involved in the grading system and self defence ,you would not have to take part in the sport fighting side if you did not wish to do so .

sheffield taekwondo academy ,

myers grove school .

contact no 07980059124

Hi, Im interested myself! ive never really got into martial arts becuase i dont like violence. Im not some namby pamby pasefist, what i mean is i dont want to do combat, id rather train, do the excersizes, warm up, practice on a punchbag.....im not interesting in sparring with anyone, thats not my thing. Do you think any martial arts classes would cater for someone that doesnt want to do combat but just wants to learn the technique?

Ta

Fiona jane

We have beginners classes in kickboxing where sparring is optional which means you can train without being hit in the face.

With regards to punchbags we have a gym FULL of punchbags , we have 7 or 8 punchbags, 2 maizeballs, 2 speedballs 1 floor to ceiling ball as well as a variety of focus mitts , thai pads and kick shields for you to practise youre techniques on.

We do a lot of abdominal exercises and stamina work.

Techniques taught are as follows:

Boxing = all 4 punches , jab cross hook uppercut

Knees and Elbows

Kicks = all variety , high kicks, low kicks, push kicks, axe kicks spinning kicks etc.

http://www.sheffieldkickboxingclub.co.uk

or ring 07775 914155

Fiona jane

We have beginners classes in kickboxing where sparring is optional which means you can train without being hit in the face.

With regards to punchbags we have a gym FULL of punchbags , we have 7 or 8 punchbags, 2 maizeballs, 2 speedballs 1 floor to ceiling ball as well as a variety of focus mitts , thai pads and kick shields for you to practise youre techniques on.

We do a lot of abdominal exercises and stamina work.

Techniques taught are as follows:

Boxing = all 4 punches , jab cross hook uppercut

Knees and Elbows

Kicks = all variety , high kicks, low kicks, push kicks, axe kicks spinning kicks etc.

http://www.sheffieldkickboxingclub.co.uk

or ring 07775 914155

I liked the self protection bit at the end from Andy last night - palm heels, finger rakes etc from a fence. Good to do that occasionally! Noel ps. Did you like the omoplata?

I liked the self protection bit at the end from Andy last night - palm heels, finger rakes etc from a fence. Good to do that occasionally! Noel ps. Did you like the omoplata?

Damn man !!! That omoplata was mind boggling I cant get my head round it :confused:

Is there any hope for me whatsoever?

Damn man !!! That omoplata was mind boggling I cant get my head round it :confused:

Is there any hope for me whatsoever?

Not really! 'Predators grapple, prey strike'. Just joking - start working with John Goldson and you'll be amazed how quickly you'll improve. Noel

i went to one place and they just asumed i could fit in with all the purple belts. i was so knackered after 20 mins i made my excuses and left..

I also need a beginners place in town.

We have a beginners class in the town centre.

KNOX Boxing gym

77 sidney street

Sheffield S1 4RG

We make sure that beginners are well looked after for their first few classes as we dont like beginners getting bad habits or getting incorrect technique ingrained into you as if that happens it is harder to correct bad habits i find.

You will be more than welcome at one of our beginners classes.

Monday and Thursday 830-930pm.

Hope to see you there.

Our gym is round the corner from Decathlon sports shop.

Archived